Forest abstracts

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Re: Forest abstracts

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Birma wrote:I think it comes down to what you are trying to create with the the camera. I love a beautifully exposed and focused photograph of dramatic light over a stunning landscape, and I also love paintings of the same sort of scene. Sometimes I think the painting is able to present the real essence of a scene, without the details , and "abstract" photographs are a means to do the same thing for those of us that are hopeless with a paint brush :) .
I agree, and as a person whose drawings today are virtually indistinguishable from my elementary school days, I am so glad I have a camera to express myself creatively.. I leave the painting to my wife. :)
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

John, I actually believe that this type of photography can be further investigated with different lenses that can produce different types of bokeh. The results can be pleasing.

I do look at drawings, sketches and paintings every chance I get and these do have a quality of abstract art. I can picture them in even larger sizes where they will be even more blurred and spotty with more abstract appearance.

Nice experimentation, :)

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Thanks Yildiz. It was fun to do, and it is always good to push the envelope in new directions. I think they do look better larger, but then the file size is too much. I may upload the full size to Flickr and post a link. I chose the 50 1.7 because of the bokeh, even though that focal length made it more difficult. I'm especially happy with how the yellow flowers came out. And at the end of the day- the pictures brought a huge smile to Emma's (my 10 year old) face. That's critical acclaim enough for me!! :D

John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!