New learning how to take pictures

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Mykhael[
Acolyte

New learning how to take pictures

Unread post by Mykhael[ »

I am new to photography. I have a Sony Alpha A330

Here are some recent pictures please tell me what I can do to improve them.

I am not sure about all the settings yet still tinkering with them.

Sony Alpha A330
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: New learning how to take pictures

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Mykhael and welcome to the forum. This is a place where you will really get help and in a very friendly way.
I guess I would increase the brightness in the last shot.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

On the last one I will go with a fill light option (increasing only the dark level of the shoot), If you had to retake the picture, It is possible to set you camera to fill the light a little bit when you have the sun on the other side, if now, always shooting in RAW in this condition will be very helpful after that on PP to increase the dynamic range.

All three picture look compressed (probably reduced by a website or software). If it is not ... , the red pickup can be a little bit sharpen to be more the focus of your picture.

That's it for the tips for the moment, and welcome to the club !

regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Mykhael[ - welcome to the forum from me as well. I think there are probably two streams to thinking about how you can improve your photogrpahs, how you use the camera itself, and then how you process the pictures from your camera. Both are big subjects :D. I'll stick with the first stream. Overall I think that all of the shots look like they are not quite focused perfectly.

I like the second and third of your shots best. I really like the second shot of the pick-up, nice lighting and angle of the shot. It would perhaps be better if the truck was less central. The third shot has a nice natrual pose, but it is perhaps distracting with the cut-off legs of the other players in the back ground.

Looking forward to seeing more of your shots.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.