A or B; or C (trash it)

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Juanito200
Viceroy

A or B; or C (trash it)

Unread post by Juanito200 »

I took this the other morning on the way in to work. I liked the fog, and the different tonal layers. Let me know honestly what you think, and what I should do differently. Or as the title suggests, forget about it and move on. Thanks in advance for any and all C&C. John
Attachments
solitary redo resize.jpg
(232.07 KiB) Downloaded 4948 times
solitary resize.jpg
(171.92 KiB) Downloaded 4948 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Re: A or B; or C (trash it)

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Juanito200 wrote:I took this the other morning on the way in to work. I liked the fog, and the different tonal layers. Let me know honestly what you think, and what I should do differently. Or as the title suggests, forget about it and move on. Thanks in advance for any and all C&C. John
I've always had a fondness for foggy day images, so I like this. FWIW, my personal preference is for your second image.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I like the second image also, but the tree needs a little more detail (local "Clarity" on LR)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

I'll take C. I like the background more in the first, but the tree is too indistinct. Put that tree on the other background and you've got a winner!

Dusty
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks guys- @Tom we don't get too much fog here so I grab every chance I get. I'm glad we didn't have any early cases so I could be a little late to work!!
@Pako- I don't have LR it is on my wish list, but I'll have to wait a bit. I should be able to use the 'magic lasso' in PSE 7 and accomplish the same thing.
@Dusty- I like the first background better myself, so I'll give it a try. I do feel that the second one is somehow more mysterious...
I'm going to try some more this weekend. Thanks for the input guys! John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

In the first shot the fog has a mystic feel while in the second it's more harsh and ... brrr, it feels cold.
I'll go for the second.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Juanito200
Viceroy

Here is what I promise will be the final version of the photo..... I changed the brightness and contrast on the tree.. Thanks to all for the help on this and every other image I've asked for help on. It helps me quite a lot. John
Attachments
5092 final edit.jpg
(161.69 KiB) Downloaded 4871 times
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Juanito200 wrote:Here is what I promise will be the final version of the photo..... I changed the brightness and contrast on the tree.. Thanks to all for the help on this and every other image I've asked for help on. It helps me quite a lot. John
In my eyes this is definitely the best of the three versions - but don't forget that my opinion is worth what you paid for it. :wink:

With best wishes,
- Tom -
chocolate7

Unread post by chocolate7 »

the tree needs a little more detail I do feel that the second one is somehow more mysterious...
Smile PleazZZZzzzZZZzzzz