Hazy portraits .... soft portraits

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
NeilOffkey75
Heirophant

Hazy portraits .... soft portraits

Unread post by NeilOffkey75 »

I have been very interested in capturing hazy/soft portraits since seeing alot about on sites like 500px and generally browsing the internet.

I just wondered how these are achieved as I can never seem to recreate... or are they all do in post? Some examples below, which arent mine but the style I am wanting to capture:

Infact I cant find anymore... have I even called this the right thing!!?!?!?!
Sony A200 - Minolta AF 75-300mm - Sony 50mm DT f1.8/50 SAM - Sigma 24-70/2.8 EX DG Macro
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Hazy portraits .... soft portraits

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Well, she's got talent for, sure. That's a self-portrait with a long, fast lens--my guess is a 70-200/2.8. She has limited the contrast and squeezed the exposure into the high-key range, with almost nothing in the bottom quarter of the histogram, just the darkest shadows in her hair. Also, unless I've missed my guess, her tint has been shifted very subtly away from green.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

looks like David Hamilton pics (that someone here stated once that were made mostly with a Minolta 58mm f1.4)
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NeilOffkey75
Heirophant

Unread post by NeilOffkey75 »

Hmmm intriguing... will see if I can recreate.
Sony A200 - Minolta AF 75-300mm - Sony 50mm DT f1.8/50 SAM - Sigma 24-70/2.8 EX DG Macro