No wonder it wont sell!

Link to your work for constructive help, criticism or advice from the Photoclubalpha community
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

No wonder it wont sell!

Unread post by Dusty »

I put this here because it's and example of an image that really needs help! http://www.chicagorealestatedaily.com/a ... on-mansion

This is a 9 MILLION dollar home, and this is the best photo a real estate newspaper can get of it? Nobody there knows how to use some software to correct the WA lens? Makes it look as if the house is falling down!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Re: No wonder it wont sell!

Unread post by artington »

Quite agree. Better offer your services!
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Why would anyone buy a house which is obviously falling over soon? This is like buying the tower of Pisa :lol: :lol:

You could make a little money as an 3rd party advisor and photographer on this, Dusty :D
Andy B
Heirophant

Unread post by Andy B »

My wife and I looked at that house when we lived in the Chicago area. Decided not to bid on it because pictures won't hang straight on the walls.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Andy B wrote:My wife and I looked at that house when we lived in the Chicago area. Decided not to bid on it because pictures won't hang straight on the walls.
Some years ago I took a docent-guided tour of one of the homes in the Los Angeles area that had been designed by the famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. The docent pointed out that the interior walls were not vertical, but sloped inward as they rose.

She said that this was intentional, as Wright did not want anyone hanging pictures on the walls and "destroying" the integrated appearance of his design. The walls were intended to remain pristine.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
Andy B
Heirophant

Unread post by Andy B »

Frank Lloyd Wright indeed had some very interesting ideas. In some houses he designed, he selected the artwork himself to fit his design and buyers were discouraged from changing the artwork. While visiting Taliesen in Wisconsin, we were were told that Wright would take down artwork he did not approve of while attending parties at houses he had designed.