A nights wandering

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Juanito200
Viceroy

A nights wandering

Unread post by Juanito200 »

While in Hot Springs I decided to go out and do some shooting at night. I took my a700, and new 35 f1.8, and set out. Let me know what you think. C&C always welcome, John
Attachments
8725 resize.jpg
(230.66 KiB) Downloaded 2101 times
8732 resize.jpg
(223.85 KiB) Downloaded 2101 times
8740 resize.jpg
(220.75 KiB) Downloaded 2101 times
8778 resize.jpg
(236.79 KiB) Downloaded 2098 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A nights wandering

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

A bit orange, but I want to BE THERE! Looks great. My kind of town with the music.

David
Juanito200
Viceroy

Hot Springs is a neat little town. I think you'd like it. I toned down the WB from the RAW files, but maybe not enough... There is a definite color cast to the town at night.
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I like them too and agreed for the cooling of the shots.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I really like the natural perspective with the 35mm lens, would do some really good panos. It does seem to be very music inclined, that town, would be a great place to visit.
Greg
donwae12
Acolyte

Unread post by donwae12 »

John, I liked them all. What ISO were you using?
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

donwae12 wrote:John, I liked them all. What ISO were you using?
John has left the EXIF data intact in his shots. All are made with 1250 and above up to 2500.
Donwae12, if you're using Firefox, then I would recommend to download from their site an add-on called "EXIF-viewer". After installing it you can view the EXIF data just by right-clicking on the shot.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Doc- I got called in last night right after work. Donwae12- Doc is right about the shots, and Firefox. The 'Happenings' photo was the 2500 ISO one, because I was using my 16-105 lens (definitely not a fast lens). All shots are hand held, so I had to have a reasonable shutter speed. John
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Dr. Harout wrote:
donwae12 wrote:John, I liked them all. What ISO were you using?
John has left the EXIF data intact in his shots. All are made with 1250 and above up to 2500.
Donwae12, if you're using Firefox, then I would recommend to download from their site an add-on called "EXIF-viewer". After installing it you can view the EXIF data just by right-clicking on the shot.
My apologies for wandering off-topic, but if you use Opera for your browser, no plug-in is needed to read the EXIF data - it's already part of the core software. Just place the cursor on the image, right-click, and then click on "Image Properties".

With best wishes,
- Tom -
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Juanito200 wrote:While in Hot Springs I decided to go out and do some shooting at night.
Nice photos! Is this Hot Springs, Arkansas? We passed through there in 1999 and just had a couple of hours to walk around in the historic area with all the old bath houses. One of these days I would like to go back and spend a bit more time and take some photos. It is also Bill Clinton's boyhood home.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Henry- These are from Hot Springs Arkansas. It's a nice little town to visit for a couple of days. You really don't need much more than that. There are lots of great photo opportunities there. I'm still working on some, and I will post a link to my Flickr when I have the keepers sorted and processed. We stayed for 4 nights with the kids, and had a great time. You will definitely see many signs about Clinton outside of Hot Springs, and Hope (his birthplace).
P.S. I don't recommend shooting at night for too long near that Motel Capri. I was parked across the street in front of an even seedier hotel, and after a few shots, I had some rough looking people looking out of windows wondering who was taking pictures.. I decided to leave at that point.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Good night shots, John.

I especially like the first one of the corner and the building; interesting architectural features that stand out in the available light compared to the rest of the building facades that got washed away a little under the street lamp lights.

Keep posting. : )

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Yildiz- Here is another one from Hot Springs. I saw the church sign and the bar sign together, and I had to stop. I used a little tonemapping from PSE7 to give it a little more edge.
Attachments
8772resize.jpg
(235.59 KiB) Downloaded 1993 times
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Juanito200 wrote:Thanks Yildiz- Here is another one from Hot Springs. I saw the church sign and the bar sign together, and I had to stop. I used a little tonemapping from PSE7 to give it a little more edge.
Best one so far!