Venus occultation

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Chris Malcolm
Heirophant

Re: Venus occultation

Unread post by Chris Malcolm »

I'm surprised there isn't more detail in those 300mm moon images on an A900. This is what I got in a shot on a A350 with the SAL 18-250mm zoom at 250mm at f6.3, 1/320th sec, using ISO 800 in slightly hazy twilight (which I darkened to black in processing). Obviously I have a bit more zoom with 250mm on a 1.6 crop sensor, but not that much.

braeside
Grand Caliph

Re: Venus occultation

Unread post by braeside »

Not as much detail for many reasons Chris, different altitude and phase of moon and much wider crop as I wanted to show Jupiter as well as the Moon. It was actually hazy/cloudy at the time and the moon was only a few degrees above the horizon, so I am looking through much denser turbulent atmosphere. The A350 has more pixel density than the A900, so is better suited for magnification. I also used a low ISO and longer exposure than you did, which will add blurring of details due to earth rotation.
David