Road trip: Finished!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Road trip: Finished!

Unread post by bakubo »

gio67 wrote:great pics bakubo, those sea otters look so much like my little shi tsus after they have had a bath
Thanks, gio67! My wife and I spent the night in Morro Bay, California and after checking into the hotel we drove over the causeway to Morro Rock. No one was there, but there were lots of gulls and then as we looked out at the water we saw 6 Sea Otters! The mother and baby were only about 25 meters from shore and then there were 4 more adults about 40-50 meters offshore. Since the mother and baby were so close, staying pretty much in one place, and it was my first time to see a baby lying on a mother's stomach I concentrated on them. I took a bunch of photos and the ones on the website are just a few of them. I lived in California (Santa Clara and Cupertino -- Silicon Valley) for 12 years so I used to see Sea Otters from time to time at Point Lobos and other places. It all makes me miss California a bit. :)
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

thanks for the info bakubo, what a really great photo journey/ adventure you had , the stuff of dreams, well done
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I just got off the phone with someone at the Sony Repair Center in Laredo, Texas. He said my A700 has been fixed and it will be shipped to me today. I have my fingers crossed. I will let you know how things look when it gets here.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I forgot to mention that when I called he at first said that the charge was $470! I reminded him the work was supposed to be done under warranty so he double-checked and then confirmed that I would not be charged. Whew! :) I first noticed the problem after I had less than 3,500 shutter actuations and it was still under warranty but I was not able to send it in until recently. I really feel sorry for people who have this camera design defect and then are stuck with a $470 charge (plus shipping and packaging costs). Is my 16 month old A700 even worth $500?
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Good one Henry, love that gnarled ol' cedar tree.
Greg