Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Unread post by Dusty »

Great shots, Aster! I really love that cat!

Dusty
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Today in St. Louis: light snow, 2C. It won't stick.

As I left for work, a shot right beside the driveway.
Light Snow.jpg
(228.07 KiB) Downloaded 1898 times
Dusty
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Yildiz, very nice photos!
aster wrote:Bosphorus this evening
Oh yeah! I have always liked Bocephus too.

Bocephus with Daddy:
hank_hankjr.jpg
(25.96 KiB) Downloaded 1897 times
Bocephus:
Hank Williams Jr.jpg
(54.5 KiB) Downloaded 1897 times
Bocephus with buddies Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, et al:

All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9ozx1-oT0

:D
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

The Bosphorus does look in a gloomy mood (and cold) at the moment Yildiz. That mosque is very well presented, I think it would look good without so many branches in the way as well...that's a cool cat.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather in Istanbul: Image
9° C | 3° C
Now: 8 °C
Clear
Windchill: 6 °C
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 3 °C
Wind: 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s Variable
Pressure: 1028 hPa (Falling)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dusty wrote:Great shots, Aster! I really love that cat!

Dusty

Thanks, Dusty. :)

Your photo of snow on dry leaves is just what I would like to see here myself. : ) I'm afraid we have the Sun shining outside and we won't be seeing snow for a while yet.

Nice shot...

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Henry, : )

Thank you for the nice comment.

I enjoyed the youtube video very much. What a genuine and look-alike company of friends! Some I know and some I got to know through this video...Is there something about good friends gradually looking like eachother when friendship deepens and more is shared as common ground, you know, they do also say that pets and their owners grow into similar looks or behaviours too!? :D

Good country and rock music blend though. Love the photos you linked; depicts a kind of different era of warmth... Interesting the way his father came up with such a nick name...but tthen nick names are supposed to be strange in more ways than one, don't they?
Greg Beetham wrote:The Bosphorus does look in a gloomy mood (and cold) at the moment Yildiz. That mosque is very well presented, I think it would look good without so many branches in the way as well...that's a cool cat.
Greg

Thank you, Greg. : )

The Sun is out right now though.

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather in Istanbul right now:
8 °C
Clear
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 2 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 1024 hPa (Steady)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was mildly misty and the sunset was actually as a sunset should look like; orange, purple and reddish. Flocks of small birds danced, creating wave-like shapes in the open space extending in front of me but the shutter speed was to low to register them other than as a greyish motion blur, so I chose to upload this one that has no bird flocks. : )

Yildiz
SunSettingBehindHagiaSophia.jpg
(188.92 KiB) Downloaded 1865 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Great view Yildiz. I see that waterway is just as busy as ever with ships going in all directions. Shame about the birds...maybe get some in brighter daylight and clone them in.....or maybe try at ISO6400 and f2.8, but that wouldn't be really wonderful either.
Greg
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Tsawwassen 2ºc.

Very good photos by all to start the new year.

Early evening yesterday, looking towards New Westminster from hill in Surrey.

Roberts Banks today.

Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Great shots everybody... A rare day here in Texas- snow!!! The girls made and defended a snow fort.... A great day was had by all. John
Attachments
The Resolute Defenders of Fort Eisenhower edit.jpg
(229.5 KiB) Downloaded 1842 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Great view of New Westminster and Roberts Bank with some shore birds, (I saw em) DA. That looks like a major city does New Westminster.

Ha! girls building a fort, Calvin and Hobbes would sort them out ha ha, I like the basket full of ammo though. That looks like a tough job getting a proper exposure John with all that white, did you have much trouble?
Greg

Townsville weather: rained cats and dogs again last night....not kidding either.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather in Istanbul:Image
11° C | 3° C

Now: 1 °C Clear
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 4 °C
Wind: 4 km/h / 1.0 m/s Variable
Pressure: 1025 hPa (Steady
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Beetham wrote:Great view Yildiz. I see that waterway is just as busy as ever with ships going in all directions. Shame about the birds...maybe get some in brighter daylight and clone them in.....or maybe try at ISO6400 and f2.8, but that wouldn't be really wonderful either.
Greg
Thank you, Greg. : )

It says clear for today but we actually have a mild fog that obscures the vision and the busy waterways are hardly visible from any high point of Istanbul at the moment.
I could increase the ISO setting for the birds' dance act against the blazing, red horizon but A100 is far too noisy to deliver anything that acceptable at ISO6400. I could go as high as 200 or 400 though. I preferred watching them with the naked eye after all. : ) Nice to see them enjoy their evening hours over the cityscape and the Marmara Sea.

david antony wrote:Tsawwassen 2ºc.

Very good photos by all to start the new year.

Early evening yesterday, looking towards New Westminster from hill in Surrey.

Nice take on the cityscape of Westminster, David Antony. : ) Just before the city is under a fully dark sky and has surrendered to the artificial lights of the towns power plants completely...

And I always find cranes by the beauty of any waterfront to be rather daring looking structures constructed by men. But aptly named after the birds known as cranes, they always look like huge mechanical 'birds' to my eyes, especially agains a dusky skyline.

Thanks for sharing.
Juanito200 wrote:Great shots everybody... A rare day here in Texas- snow!!! The girls made and defended a snow fort.... A great day was had by all. John
Thanks, John. : )

The girls look great against the white and they do look like having fun indeed! Did they get Daddy John's help to build such an excellently-cut front? Those snow blocks look as though they were custom cut by a professional; perfect rectilinear corners and sides that interfit to make a very smooth half wall! there's quite the bricklayer's skill there... : )

Thanks for sharing all!

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I just realized that's a snow shovel that the ammo is in, I didn't have my glasses on before, and I've got a suspicion that the bricks for the fort were cast in a rectangular container of some sort and tipped out to make the wall.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather in Istanbul:
11° C | 4° C
Clear
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 5 °C
Wind: 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s Variable

Greg Beetham wrote:I just realized that's a snow shovel that the ammo is in, I didn't have my glasses on before, and I've got a suspicion that the bricks for the fort were cast in a rectangular container of some sort and tipped out to make the wall.
Greg

Probably, Greg, that's exactly how the bricks were made. : )

An evening shot from a street close to my place, of a hotel and its 'Coffee World' Cafe along the street. The weather is just the right amount of chilly/warm to allow sitting outside and enjoy a few hot cups of delicious coffee or tea.. or cocoa. :)

Shot with the Samsung cell phone.

Yildiz
EveningCoffee.jpg
(203 KiB) Downloaded 1799 times
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Greg and Yildiz- That is exactly how the snow fort was made. The kids had an assembly line going with 4-6 kids filling, transporting, stacking etc. Emma and her friend Katie (the blonde) were the ringleaders of the circus. P.S. the only thing that saved me from a withering fusillade of snowballs was the camera around my neck.
Today we still have snow on the ground, but the sun is out, and the snow is vanishing fast. Here is one from this morning. 28° F clear and breezy. John
Attachments
fence color version resize.jpg
(230.13 KiB) Downloaded 1791 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Ah that looks like the place to be Yildiz, sipping on a warm drink, as long as it isn't drafty even I would be ok with that I reckon.
Still looks fairly snowy too me John, but I suppose it will melt pretty quick if the sun stays out.
Greg

It's raining again here off and on, the main highway is cut going south, and sometimes going north as well. The western highway will probably be cut soon, if not already.