Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
david antony
Viceroy

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Unread post by david antony »

Tsawwassen. Cloudy 10ºc.

Thanks Greg & John.

I bet the ice on the lawn lasted longer than the beer in the fridge Greg. ;^)

I do see quite a few old choppers at our warehouse neighbours, nothing as spectacular as those John. very nice, thanks for sharing.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi David Antony, : )

Incredible colours in the first shot of the Fish Boat and its surroundings; cool and contrasty warm tones all gatheres to make a sweet scene. : )
You caught the swan stretching that lovely neck or maybe looking for some food..hmm or maybe a narcisist look into the mirror? :D No doubt about its beauty, though.

I remember that post from a previous shot when Stubby was enjoying a rest on it. : ) New generation arrived apparently...

Thanks for sharing,

--------------------------

Hi John, : )

The second helicopter is something of a new technology and improved machinery no doubt! It does look like a shark that's about to be airborn soon.

The medical center you work for certainly has some valid modern enhancements for health care and emergency incidents.

A very lively place! : ) Feels good to see so much competent qualities around as they make one believe that all will be taken care of inside.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great pictures all through the thread so well done everybody. It was a real treat to catch up on 2 week's worth all at once. I think my fav was the amazing Istanbul sunset - I don't believe anyone could tire of the amazing views across the Bosphorus that you share with us Yildiz :D . Is it possible that this thread is even better than last year? :shock:
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Great chopper shots John.
Greg

ps. It was a close call DA, the ice had to go, more ice = less beer. :-)
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Thanks David, Yildiz and Greg.
Greg- I'm liking your math there...
Here is one from today: slight fog, 7° C, winds N @13mph, humidity 95%.
Attachments
mad cow resize.jpg
(171.19 KiB) Downloaded 1785 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Like the "mad cow" John. Very similar weather here - damp and grey. Not too at cold around 10 degrees centigrade. We went for a walk in the drizzle around Goodrich Castle.
Castle from SE.jpg
(233.07 KiB) Downloaded 1777 times
Walking back.jpg
(203.44 KiB) Downloaded 1777 times
A700 + Tamron 17-50/2.8
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Good to see how the cows are feeling under the 'weather', John! : ) This one looks as though he/she has sited a rivalry in the 'eye' of your black camera.

Thanks for sharing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Birma,

Lovely trail for good long walks in such a peaceful pastoral setting. Goodrich Castle looks very majestically high and can feel the drizzle through the shot because of the colour of the grass and the clouds behind the reddish walls. (Love the reddish tone of the masonry, by the way.)

: ) 'Pink-clad ladies team' leading the way is a sight I love!

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Yildiz :D .

There was a bit more sunhine about today, even if it was a bit muted at times.

Temp 8.5°C, Wind Westerly 2mph 3km/h, Humidity: 100%, Pressure: 1019mb rising, Visibility: Moderate.
January Teme.jpg
(191.88 KiB) Downloaded 1750 times
Stopped on my way back from town to see how high one of the local rivers, the Teme, was. Very brown but not over the banks yet.

A700 with Tamron 17-50/2.8
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

It seems temperatures are mild at the moment. We had 15C and sunshine on the weekend (South East France), after some really, really more than average rainy weeks! It's good to see we can go out to take pics of cows and castles :D
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Great vantage point you had for the castle Birma, good one. That's a nice country lane as well.
Greg

Overcast here, pending rain for a change.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Greg :D .

Some lovely sunshine here today but sadly no time to exploit it. Just a quick snap on the drive home.

Sunny Intervals, Temp: 6°C 43°F, Wind: Westerly 8mph 13km/h, Humidity: 78%, Pressure: 1031mb rising, Visibility: Excellent.
Sunshine and Puddles.jpg
(186.15 KiB) Downloaded 1731 times
A700 + Tam 17-50/2.8

(After re-reading my post I should probably add that I was driving past this muddy gateway, and not through it! :lol: )
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Ice storm last night.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather İn Istanbul: Image
10° C | 2° C

Now: 8 °C
Clear
Windchill: 7 °C
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 3 °C
Wind: 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s from the WSW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all;

Bossel, good to see and hear from you and know that everything is fine at your end. : ) Well, maybe soon we'll have to address you as Monsieur Le Français, who knows? But I'd still say that as German and Turkish, you're just as strong nationality-wise. : ) It's not what others say who you are, it's what you feel and live up to be who you are that's worth the respect. : ))

Good luck, all the way!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good weather shots, Birma and JBTaylor. : )

I'm glad you didn't have your tyres dirty with mud but the rest of the land looks very smooth with that sweet nature.

A shot of the Besiktas Quay...
BesiktasQuay-Bosphorus.jpg
(202.56 KiB) Downloaded 1717 times

JBTaylor, winter in your area is making me jealous again! :)

We have the driest and 'spring-like' winter ever....no rain clouds even!

Great closeup shot, by the way.

Sunny here, on the Bosphorus and for the first time this year, I saw Eurasian coots feeding and resting next to the seagulls in the waters; something new! :D

A couple of shots from this afternoon: misty in West while clear in the East of the Bosphorus.

Yildiz
Bosphorus&EurasianCoots.jpg
(197.37 KiB) Downloaded 1717 times
EurasianCoots&HagiaSophia.jpg
(213.62 KiB) Downloaded 1717 times
SinanPashaMosque-Besiktas.jpg
(199.9 KiB) Downloaded 1717 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Yildiz, the weather looks very spring-like with you. Boats, birds, bridges and the Bosphurus - a great combination :D .
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Good ones Yildiz, all those Coots are looking for small fish maybe? I guess there must be something there at least to attract them. It still looks chilly to me with those coats and long pants everywhere.
Greg

ps. I actually liked the muddy splosh next to the gate Birma, but I am taken with the nice short green grass everywhere, sheep keep it down I guess, if it was here there would be some scraggly Mitchell grass...maybe.
Last edited by Greg Beetham on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.