New York City and Sigma 17-35 f2.8-4 on A99M2

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

New York City and Sigma 17-35 f2.8-4 on A99M2

Unread post by sury »

Recently I was in NYC for a quick weekend and took ONLY Sigma 17-35 with me. That is not my typical travel setup.
I felt it would be a good opportunity to (force myself to) think in terms of a single lens and see how things turn out.
I shot on two days. First day, it was all cityscapes and was disappointed by how blurry my family in the photos. I could
not figure out how to overcome the challenge. The next day was a naming function for my grand niece (equivalent of
baptism, for want of a better analogy) and pictures came out very well. 98% keepers.

NYC

You can see how soft my family looks in this one

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: New York City and Sigma 17-35 f2.8-4 on A99M2

Unread post by aster »

UWA can make NYC high-rises look absolutely chaotic/dramatic but that's the reason for experimenting in urban hub. Especially the Transportation Hub by architect Santiago Calatrava looks very crammed in among other structures.
Keep on exploring with with the combo… :) Good things will happen…

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Yildiz. This lens certainly "forced" me to think differently.

Again the softness/blur crept in.

But on the next day, I took this image with lens stepped down to 7.1 and realized when people are present, anything less than 5 is not advisable for the lens.

sury

Unread post by sury »

Some more from the WTC. The interior is very UWA friendly. The straight lines are there leading to infinity, the size of the structure lent itself very well. Lighting was challenging but not terrible. If the photos are not good, it is solely the photographer who failed to do the justice.

sury

Unread post by sury »

Few more...

A wall mural

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

You've done neatly with the showcasing of the Calatrava architecture principles, Sury! :)
Those ribs that complement each other to create the structure are very spectacular in these vantage points. And, a neat family photo among all the structural crowding. :) Nice and I hope you all are doing well among the unsettling pandemic of late as the world is catching up with the reality of it in a hurried state of mind. Take care.

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
Last edited by aster on Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Yildiz. And thank you for the wishes for our well being. I wish likewise to you and your family and friends.
Keeping the movement to minimum and only virus I am successful so far at keeping in abeyance is on my computer. :lol:

On a sober note...

How close the 9/11 event hit home... My childhood friend's uncle died on that ill-fated day. We spent an hour looking for
his name so that we can send the capture to my friend. The search for his name was very thought provoking and made you introspect about human
conditions today.

With my daughter in front of a mural, I close the series....