No Luck For Me

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

No Luck For Me

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Planning a trip to Florida during hurricane season carries risk.
Several months ago I imagined a scenario where I would travel to Florida and find my way to Haulover Inlet so I could record the Florida Powerboat Club's departure on their annual poker run to Key West. It's a 5 day whirlwind trip that closes out the power boating season. Haulover Inlet is one the the exit points for this run. It's also a place where wind and surf can present conditions where boats can "catch air" even at slower speeds. Those conditions are photographic gold. Unfortunately, the remnants of Hurricane Eta dashed my plans.

I arrived Tuesday and headed to Miami for some test shots.
a77ii with Minolta 28-135mm.

Last edited by jbtaylor on Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbtaylor

Re: No Luck For Me

I arrived the next morning shortly after sunrise. Had to wait for 2.5 hours waiting for the boats to show. unfortunately, rough waters forced the boats to head south via the bay. Too risky to access the ocean from Haulover. Here is why:

Even the birds played it safe.

It rained so much during the week that Friday golf was cancelled as the course had to close. :evil:

So I spent the morning taking pictures of my host's dogs. Decided to make a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5sl1GIQb_g

In all, the trip was a photography bust. Did spend time with old friends though.
Maybe next year.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

That's unfortunate, JBTaylor.

The seagulls look like little guards of the same order from the way they are identically positioned though. :D And there are still some surfers waiting to catch a good wave, surprisingly, since there's a hurricane emerging.

I love the slideshow of the cute dogs. They are hits as far as I'm concerned. Beautiful shots! :D Every time you upload puppy shots I feel like I should go and get one myself already. :D Shots of Cheerio had the same effect. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
jbtaylor

Thank you Yildiz
I can't think of a better gift for my friends. I hope they like it.
The trick is to bring treats and they pose.
Mission accomplished.
JT