Recent Landscapes - Lake Almaden, San Jose, California

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Recent Landscapes - Lake Almaden, San Jose, California

Unread post by sury »

I was hoping for some dramatic skies that were present couple of days earlier but had to settle for these skyscapes.
All color images are bracketed (9 images) composed in HDR Machinery and PP'ed in LR.
Sury

Experimented with different exposure/aperture values

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Recent Landscapes - Lake Almaden, San Jose, California

Unread post by jbtaylor »

I think #1 works best. You need the placement of the kids in #3 to improve it.
Regarding #3, the clouds and the tree are competing for attention in the upper left of the frame.Can't say that it helps.
sury

Unread post by sury »

JT,
Thank you for your observations. I framed the tree by design as a book end to the frame. Since there is no Sun visible, I felt the sky was open ended, west to east. The two people were fishing at the time. I had to deal with long exposure while they were busy fishing and kept moving. :lol:

Sury
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

What's the f stop?
Looks like it's time for a sensor cleaning. 😁
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yes, sensor is in need of serious cleaning. Let me check. Color ones are HDR shots. F20ish I think.

Sury
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi, Sury;

:) Wonder what would happen if you juxtaposed the three images since each one has some part to offer for making a single better image.
This scene could become interesting...

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

Good shots, but...
PS.
Friends, all the same, have the courage to filter out those pictures that should not be posted on the forum. Well once, twice, asking for advice is OK, but not every post ...
Everything in the life unusual!
sury

Unread post by sury »

Valery,
I see what you mean and I understand. I do tend to experiment quite a bit and have been for a long time.
In addition to getting meaningful feedback (as learning for me never stops), it also in my humble opinion
helps with the conversation on the forum. We all have become more than just contributors. I am taking your
comments in the spirit it was intended, in terms of repetitious posts, but often the variations are some experiments
the poster has conducted and seeking a response.

This forum members including you, have indulged me with my experiments and I am forever grateful that you took time
to comment. As it were, this is the only section where we can not only post photos that we are excited about, and also
ask for feedback.

Perhaps David can create another section which is more dedicated to seeking feedback and make this section more or less a showcase
as it is intended and you rightly pointed out.

With best regards,
Sury
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

Sury! The idea is not that questions are asked and advice is needed. I am always happy to answer questions. There is a moment that goes from advice to bad advice. I mean that I look at photos on Flicker and here on the forum, and very often I see that the best photo is not presented on the forum, but on the other hand, help is required in choosing from the worst. In this sense, only negative help is obtained, there is no benefit from such advice, you yourself must initially learn to choose from your pictures what will be interesting to everyone, not just you. For me personally, this is the most difficult moment in photography, what to post and what to throw in the trash.
Once again, Sury, I see your beautiful pictures on Flicker very often. :)
And again, sorry for my English...
Everything in the life unusual!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:55 am Valery,
I see what you mean and I understand. I do tend to experiment quite a bit and have been for a long time.
In addition to getting meaningful feedback (as learning for me never stops), it also in my humble opinion
helps with the conversation on the forum. We all have become more than just contributors. I am taking your
comments in the spirit it was intended, in terms of repetitious posts, but often the variations are some experiments

This forum members including you, have indulged me with my experiments and I am forever grateful that you took time
to comment. As it were, this is the only section where we can not only post photos that we are excited about, and also
ask for feedback.

Perhaps David can create another section which is more dedicated to seeking feedback and make this section more or less a showcase

With best regards,
Sury

Dear, Sury;

:D I enjoy testing my own personal views on photo shooting and composition and gear choices every time you share frames...
One can learn from them. Just my personal thoughts for "Give It Your Best Shot" forum. :D
We're not that many on the forum and so far we can afford to share versions of a certain take, I think.
In the old days, there were quite a bunch uploading photos and this might have caused overcrowding and chaos.

That said, I sometimes find more interesting shots in your Flickr account gallery than what you preferred to share with us here. :) Valery has a point there...

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

ValeryD wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:23 am Sury! The idea is not that questions are asked and advice is needed. I am always happy to answer questions. There is a moment that goes from advice to bad advice. I mean that I look at photos on Flicker and here on the forum, and very often I see that the best photo is not presented on the forum, but on the other hand, help is required in choosing from the worst. In this sense, only negative help is obtained, there is no benefit from such advice, you yourself must initially learn to choose from your pictures what will be interesting to everyone, not just you. For me personally, this is the most difficult moment in photography, what to post and what to throw in the trash.
Once again, Sury, I see your beautiful pictures on Flicker very often. :)
And again, sorry for my English...
Valery,
You have mentioned this point previously too. Thank you for that "gentle" reminder. :D
I will try harder to "critique" or filter as you put it before posting.Thank you for the reminder.
I take your comment as a compliment. Our language is photographs and you speak it very beautifully.

With best regards,
Sury
sury

Unread post by sury »

aster wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:37 am
sury wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:55 am Valery,

ask for feedback.

With best regards,
Sury

Dear, Sury;

:D I enjoy testing my own personal views on photo shooting and composition and gear choices every time you share frames...
One can learn from them. Just my personal thoughts for "Give It Your Best Shot" forum. :D
We're not that many on the forum and so far we can afford to share versions of a certain take, I think.
In the old days, there were quite a bunch uploading photos and this might have caused overcrowding and chaos.

That said, I sometimes find more interesting shots in your Flickr account gallery than what you preferred to share with us here. :) Valery has a point there...

Yildiz
Yildiz,
I was mulling over Valery's reply and saw your reply. I was mulling over the reply and wondered why I am not filtering better.
My theory is (my wife thinks I have theory for everything. :lol: ) is that I never grew out of my early days photography where I
used to seek input on this forum. That level of insecurity and immaturity (as in lack of experience) had conditioned me in a certain
way. I am no longer that newbie, and that does not mean I stop learning. :D

Sury