Snowy Day in Southern California

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Snowy Day in Southern California

Unread post by Fotogeorge »

Snow quickly melts with the rain. I shot with a Sony 7iii and a Sony SAL 24-105 and LA-EA4 lens adapter.
DSC00334 imageedgeDXO4.jpg
DSC00334 imageedgeDXO4.jpg (159.61 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
Beaumont snowCapOne21DXO4.jpg
Beaumont snowCapOne21DXO4.jpg (170.08 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
Beaumont snow_1_1CapOne21DXO4.jpg
Beaumont snow_1_1CapOne21DXO4.jpg (149.38 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
https://pbase.com/image/171384508/large
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
ValeryD
Viceroy

Re: Snowy Day in Southern California

Unread post by ValeryD »

First and second one - nice shots.

PS.
Friends, all the same, have the courage to filter out those pictures that should not be posted on the forum. Well once, twice, asking for advice is OK, but not every post ...
Everything in the life unusual!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

I like the compositions of first and socond as well. Snow looks great from these view points.

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

ValeryD: "filter out" what shouldn't be posted? Please explain. I'm against filtering out anything, political or otherwise, c*nsorsh*p - gotcha! included. Who determines what images are permissible? Who is the posting Tsar? Does Zucker or Dorsey run this site?
KM7D, Sony A350, A580, A-700, A57, A65, A5100 , a6500 , & a7iii, plus a bunch of lenses.
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

Fotogeorge wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:14 pm ValeryD: "filter out" what shouldn't be posted? Please explain. I'm against filtering out anything, political or otherwise, c*nsorsh*p - gotcha! included. Who determines what images are permissible? Who is the posting Tsar? Does Zucker or Dorsey run this site?
Yes, I certainly did not expect such a reaction when I wrote the answer to the post. It seems like I even liked the pictures. I actually wrote about the last 2nd and 3rd pictures. In the resolution that is allowed on the forum, there is no difference! The third picture differs from the second only in that it is brighter! This was the question, why were these pictures published together? In principle, this is no longer a question, so I ask myself.
Well, at the expense of filtering, this is somehow not for me. :)

PS. And lastly, I have already written many times, English is not even my second language, it is my third language. Take it easy please. I may not express myself correctly, sorry.
Everything in the life unusual!
Fotogeorge
Heirophant

Well actually, the third photo was shot earlier. The snow covers more of the hills and the mountain. The perspective is much different, as the entire mountain is the backdrop, with less debt of field and without sky. Snow melts very quickly here even in the winter. There was also a lot of haze from the melting snow. Now, the mountain is bare of snow, except on the highest caps. I like the clouds that form around the mountains, from the evaporating water. These clouds look like smoke, which reminds me of the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee. Maybe, I will shoot it again with the Sony FE 24-105 G lens. I doubt, if there will be any more snow this year.

I get very excited about the mention of anything, that reminds me of c*nsorsh*p - gotcha!.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Where exactly are these shots taken in So Cal?

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper