Humming birds with CZ2470

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Humming birds with CZ2470

Unread post by sury »

JT and I were conversing on the zoom on foot thread about using 70-400 to get the typical HB shot, i.e. body in sharp focus and wings are blurred. I tried that with 24-70 since I realized I need faster glass than the 70-400. Perhaps a 70-200 f2.8? :lol: Well, my birthday is coming up. Hmmmm.
Any way here the crops that hopefully show a bit more drama than a bird perched on the feeder. Light gods cooperated and these are taken at ISO 800.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Humming birds with CZ2470

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Excellent perspective and great light. Nailed it. Look at the claws is #2, spectacular.
I didn't mention the 70-200mm but thought about it afterward. Surprised that you don't own the Swiss army knife of lenses. We won't accuse your wife of neglect for you not having this lens, at least until after your birthday. 😎
JT
sury

Unread post by sury »

jbtaylor wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:58 am Excellent perspective and great light. Nailed it. Look at the claws is #2, spectacular.
I didn't mention the 70-200mm but thought about it afterward. Surprised that you don't own the Swiss army knife of lenses. We won't accuse your wife of neglect for you not having this lens, at least until after your birthday. 😎
JT
I am in trouble. An used 80200f2.8 Minolta APO is arriving today. I debated between 70-200 and this one and found this to be lot cheaper.
This is my fourth lens purchase in the last 4 quarters that was solely due to "peer pressure" from the forum. :lol: At least that is what I told
missus. A 17-35, 100f2.8, 500f8 and now 80-200f2.8. :D :D :D :D I have already a Tamron 200-500, Sony 70-400 and a Minolta 80-200. Don't know if I have one too many. Tamron hardly sees the light of the day. I use it once or twice a year to prevent fungus forming on the lens.

Sury
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

The shots are good. But you probably have more telephoto lenses than you need. But if you look at it from the other side, it is never enough.
Everything in the life unusual!
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Peer pressure or intervention, it's a matter of perspective.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Valery. JT, yes, I like intervention better. It has positive connotation to it. :lol:

Sury