Volcanoes, Flowers, and Waterfalls (from a recent trip)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: Volcanoes, Flowers, and Waterfalls (from a recent trip)

Unread post by Dusty »

the_hefay wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:17 pm Thanks Valery, Sury, and Yildiz for the comments. We put on the miles and had only one minor mishap. Thankfully the tire went flat while we were in a town were we could get it fixed. At any rate, it allowed me to brush up on my tire changing skills. :lol: Here are the cheap cell phone shots of my recertification as competent to change tires. :D The mask was just in case the tire was contagious. Hahahaha! Crazy times!
The hardest time I ever had changing a tire was in Peru. I was up in the Mountains with Bob Riggenbach, and we had just come thru the pass at 16,500 ft, so still at about 16,000.

Getting the tire from the front of his VW bug to the rear nearly gave me heart failure! Jacking it up and loosening the lugs was horrible! I guess it was a good thing I had already been in Arequipa for about a week!

Say hi to his son for me.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
the_hefay
Viceroy

Re: Volcanoes, Flowers, and Waterfalls (from a recent trip)

Unread post by the_hefay »

Dusty wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:30 am
The hardest time I ever had changing a tire was in Peru. I was up in the Mountains with Bob Riggenbach, and we had just come thru the pass at 16,500 ft, so still at about 16,000.

Getting the tire from the front of his VW bug to the rear nearly gave me heart failure! Jacking it up and loosening the lugs was horrible! I guess it was a good thing I had already been in Arequipa for about a week!

Say hi to his son for me.

Dusty
Hahaha! I know the feeling. I tell his son you said hi.