Latest Wedding Pictures

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Latest Wedding Pictures

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

a700 +Tamron 17-50/2.8; 35mm, f/4, 1/80 sec., ISO 200

That's the flower girl and ring-bearer occupying themselves while the reception got swinging. C&C welcome!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Latest Wedding Pictures

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Cute kids. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
alfake
Heirophant

Unread post by alfake »

Although shooting kids from above is not recommended, here the exception proves the rule (as the subject is their activity more than the kids themselves). Very good catch (nice gestures) and composition. It will make a valuable contribution to the wedding album. Congratulations to the photographer... and to the newlyweds.
Alfonso
KevinBarrett

alfake wrote:Although shooting kids from above is not recommended, here the exception proves the rule (as the subject is their activity more than the kids themselves). Very good catch (nice gestures) and composition. It will make a valuable contribution to the wedding album. Congratulations to the photographer... and to the newlyweds.
Alfonso
Thank you Alfonso! I actually had not heard that rule, but I'll keep it in mind the next time I am shooting. More often than not, however, I try to get level with my subjects to minimize the trapezoidal distortion that comes from shooting slightly up or down indoors. Looking at the other pictures from this wedding, I think I had it right because I've got these waist-high pictures of kids running around under foot.

I like the way this picture is more about them than the bride and groom. They are brother and sister so this picture will still mean something to them in a few years.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

A great capture. There is so much you can read in it.
jbtaylor

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Rules be damned. You captured something original and artistic. Everything about this image works.
It's good that you trust your instincts.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Rules are there to be broken! Yet another great capture Kevin.
KevinBarrett

Thanks again guys for all of the positive feedback! If I've taken great pictures I owe much of the credit to all of you who help me. As I get through the rest of this set I'll be sure to share any more that are of particular interest.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
jbtaylor

The psychology of how this shot relates to grown people's married problems is fascinating (at least to me). There is much that can be read into this shot and I am glad you took it.
KevinBarrett

jbtaylor wrote:The psychology of how this shot relates to grown people's married problems is fascinating (at least to me). There is much that can be read into this shot and I am glad you took it.
That's interesting, mind explaining?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
jbtaylor

Probably should not have posted that last one. I don't want to show disrespect to you or the people in the image.
Let me just suggest that the image could be seen as a representation of a future bride and groom with a preoccupation for their own preferences rather than a sensitivity towards the other's needs and wants.
I have seen too many Kubrick movies too many times.
It really is a fine image. Hope I didn't offend.
KevinBarrett

Ah, no worries, I found no offense. I work in psychiatry, particularly with children from families that have seen great difficulties and marital trouble, so I was very curious about what you had found in my picture. I suppose the children do look rather disinterested, if that is what you meant. I like that about them, though. If I aim a camera at my nephews they're instantly smiling big ham-and-cheese smiles. I prefer it when children don't care one way or the other.

As for this batch of wedding photos, I'm into the five hours of poorly lit dance floor images...I'm throwing out more than 3/4 of those and the ones I'm keeping I don't think I'd share with anybody but the client. When I'm all done I may sort through and find a few more to share. I definitely had a lot of unique opportunities at this wedding.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --