Jazz Peeper

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
MFS
Heirophant

Jazz Peeper

Unread post by MFS »

I shot this one during Jazz Weekend, last summer in my home town. Actually I shot a lot. Just for starters this nice Guy who seems to be aware of a Photographer.

Used lens Minolta AF 70-200/2.8 SSM. Converterd to B&W using the channelmixer in an adjustment layer.

Model DYNAX 7D
Flash Used No
Focal Length 180 mm
Exposure Time 1/125 sec
Aperture f/5.6
ISO Equivalent 200
John.

Sony A700 - KMD7D + Grip - HS5600 D and some Minolta Lenses
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Jazz Peeper

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

He was aware of you, and about to clean your filter with a few drops from the end of the trombone! Great close-up shot.

David
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Great shot. Plus, description of how you did it.
That is a great contribution and thanks.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

And what lens(es) you use on these occasions? I might prefer (I think) a 85/1.4 or perhaps a 28-70/2.8. (or the Tammy version)
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Thanks. I do have some wishes left too. Like an 100/2 but I prefer an 85/1.4 D. I'm looking around for it, not in a hurry though. The CZ 135/1.8 is fabulous. I've had in on my D7D in Germany at the Kina. I'm curious for the new lenses CZ16-35 and the new coming 70-400 SSM. A CZ24-70 is also a desirable lens.
John.

MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Sonolta wrote:The 135 Zeiss might be my all-time favorite lens..Unfortunately I just don't see myself springing for one anytime soon. :cry:

-Sonolta
And you're lucky too live in the USA. The amount in USD if very often here in Europe the amount in Euro's. But thje sad thing is that the Euro is a bit more expensive :( than the Dollar. (Dollar originates from the Dutch word Daalder btw. Daalder is an ancient coin, in Guilders time, just before the Euro came, a Daalder was Hfl 1.50) Just pronounce Daalder several times loud and you wil find out you will come out on Dollar).
John.