My trusty 200 2.8 HS!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Beakydave
Initiate

My trusty 200 2.8 HS!

Unread post by Beakydave »

Choppy sea, rapidly changing light, 2x T/C requiring manual focus and fairly slow shutter - I'm rather pleased with this!

(but expert critique welcome)

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Excellent shot which I think would be improved by a touch of brightening all over - I have not checked, but I bet the histogram stops short of the Alamy recommendation of 243 at the top end, and the dark tail could do with a hint more separation from the background. Just a minor PP adjustment.

David
Beakydave
Initiate

David Kilpatrick wrote:Excellent shot which I think would be improved by a touch of brightening all over - I have not checked, but I bet the histogram stops short of the Alamy recommendation of 243 at the top end, and the dark tail could do with a hint more separation from the background. Just a minor PP adjustment.

David
You're spot on, David. Though the first thing I need to do is re-calibrate my monitor! It didn't look too bad at home, and the print is in my view pretty good, too. However, looking at it just now on my work monitor (which I know is accurate) the image is indeed on the dark side.

Thanks
LeyOMM
Acolyte

Unread post by LeyOMM »

I like it, very good Beakydave!hiccup!

I see it a litle bit dark too but for me it´s ok... Thanks for share!!!

ByzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Beakydave
Initiate

Tweaked!

LeyOMM
Acolyte

Unread post by LeyOMM »

wonderful..... Congratulations, much better!hiccup!, nice colors ;)

ByzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz