Hoar-frost

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Hoar-frost

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well you've got me, I can't see them (halos) at all, I even went and got my reading glasses (mild) just too make sure and got the same result, nothing that I can see that I would call a fringe around the twigs anywhere.
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Don, it's a 24" Samsung SyncMaster mod. 245B-plus, only a couple of months old. So far it's been quite good, very clear and sharp directly in front and even side to side isn't too bad (landscape) doesn't seem too fade off very much and the further end of the screen doesn't go dark..well, maybe a tiny bit, the side too side view angle in portrait mode isn't the best (if I ever pluck up the courage too try and turn it that is, it seems stiff)...does fade a bit once off center by only a small amount...20-25 degrees or so, like when standing and looking down without tilting the screen up.
Greg
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

All I can see are some JPEG compression artefacts round the contours. Since I know these are not present in a full size file, I don't comment on them. However, I did re-do a couple of JPEGs of my own recently after spotting similar compression (at Level 8) once delivered by pBase. I redid them at Level 10 compression, and they ended up clean.

David
MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 940 BF. For me good enough it helps me just fine throughout my entire workflow. Of course there is always better (Eizo e.g.) but mr Brown can't afford the prices from these expensive jewels.
John.

Sony A700 - KMD7D + Grip - HS5600 D and some Minolta Lenses
MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Sonolta wrote:Get yourself one of these... :)

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2 ... 2275w.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=1661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-Sonolta
Thanks will get into the testresults. A lot of pages too read I see. Nice to have an comparising test with €125 more costing Eizo S2231W. In Germany The HP is priced lower than in Holland, but the German border is never far away when you live in a small country. :) Internetordering is no problem at all
John.

Sony A700 - KMD7D + Grip - HS5600 D and some Minolta Lenses
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

The 245b-plus is supposed to be a better unit by far than the 245b, I think it was 1/2 or 2/3 more in price (Officeworks had both at the time), and there is still hardly any reviews (even now) on the plus model, but still with it's fast response time and the Tn screen it's probably more suited to gaming...nice amount of acerage though. I'll keep my eye out for a better quality 24" and probably give this one to one of my mad gamer Nephews..at some point. :)
Greg