HOW VENTILATE A FLYING DOG

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
kingfisher
Oligarch

HOW VENTILATE A FLYING DOG

Unread post by kingfisher »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NOW YOU NOW :lol: :lol:

the picture`s are not high quality , but i think it`s worth to post it
i take this picture`s last summer at the maldives
SONY A700
SONY 70/200 2,8 SSM
i ask david , if it`s good to post four picture`s ,

greetings
gustav
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: HOW VENTILATE A FLYING DOG

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Thumbs up.
In your case, I think even more pictures are mandatory. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

thats great .. and a little creepy that it has hands ! among other things
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That's actually a good shot of something I dislike intensely, we have them here, there is a flying fox colony on the other side of the river in the mangroves, and at dusk they fly over in their thousands. They make a huge mess of the mango tree, the custard apple tree and the avocado trees in the yard with half chewed fruit scattered all over the place, so I know how I would like too ventilate them. (I used to 20 years ago but now the little darlings are protected). :shock:
Greg
MFS
Heirophant

Unread post by MFS »

Greg Beetham wrote:That's actually a good shot of something I dislike intensely, we have them here, there is a flying fox colony on the other side of the river in the mangroves, and at dusk they fly over in their thousands. They make a huge mess of the mango tree, the custard apple tree and the avocado trees in the yard with half chewed fruit scattered all over the place, so I know how I would like too ventilate them. (I used to 20 years ago but now the little darlings are protected). :shock:
Greg
Aren't they called fruit bats Down Under?
John.

Sony A700 - KMD7D + Grip - HS5600 D and some Minolta Lenses
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yeah I guess, it's more your southerners ie. people from New South Wales, Victoria and the learned gentry (acedemics) from university (ie. places that don't have any) who went and studied them and found how "important" they were too the ecosystem..kaf kaf, that call them Giant fruit bats, we however who actually live with them and have too put up with them have been calling them flying foxes since before they were borne. Not that a name makes any difference really, they are a real pest, they travel from their daytime roost in the thousands upon thousands but an individual home backyard might only get 20-30 or 50 at night depending on what you've got that's good to eat..and waste, Winchester Zed's or BB caps, a scope sighted .22 and a good torch used to do a fine job on them, after a couple of nights when 20-30 or so have been put out of comission it was usually a week or two before the numbers built up again, but not allowed now of course...the learned persons agitated and petitioned Govt. with their drivel and got them put on the protected list...just about no one who lives here with them can believe it, especially the Lychee farmers, who loose tonnes of fruit now each season to the actions of flying foxes (ie. those that can't afford or havent put up nets yet, they were all forced too turn off the electric grids by those noisy self appointed save the flying fox crusader types).
Greg
stevecim
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by stevecim »

I was up in Queensland, just before christmas, I noticed the bats flying around at night seemed much large then the one I see in melbourne.

At least Cain Toads, aren't protected, ...... Yet :)
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

stevecim wrote:I was up in Queensland, just before christmas, I noticed the bats flying around at night seemed much large then the one I see in melbourne.

At least Cain Toads, aren't protected, ...... Yet :)
Give it time Bud give it time, the save the planet crusaders will probably find something good about Bufo Marinus at some point, that we can't do without.... :roll:
Greg