Blossomville

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Blossomville

Unread post by aster »

Thank you Birma,

Would love to see your bluebells since we have nothing of blue colouring here in the garden! :D I hope they are still there during the weekend.

Enjoy shooting your spring,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That Tulip is bright Yildiz, a real fire orange, I can see why they would be popular, I'm not sure if they can grow here, some people can grow roses and we even have some, but ideally we should have shadecloth up for the bright sun in summer, so I guess Tulips might be possible as well.
I don't think I've ever attempted a bee on or near a flower, that would be a tough one, I did see a poster here once who had a good one though so it's not impossible...just depends how much time one is willing to spend I guess, either that or get lucky.
I can see your into the abstract art effect with your compositions, and you seem to have a natural flair for it.....I wish you well in your chosen direction.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg,

Thank you very much for the good wishes hinting a 'path' for me! :D I'm happy that you think so and it's always nice to hear pointers. I appreciate that very much. :D

I believe that the weather in your region can encourage the growth of tulips. The bulbs have to be sown in November or December at the latest. They like hybernating inside the earth until around March or when the temperature rises and then grow the green parts quite fastly. Tulips tolerate high temperatures and don't get scortched much but they are not summer's flowers. Roses are best for summer; they are pruned around early February and they fruitfully continiously flower all through the summer and autumn here. While tulips build a garden of shallow nature with great variety of colours, like a carpet 30-40cm. above the soil, the roses are the unmistakable perfume makers. They look beautiful, velvety, and smell all the time. :)

I think anyone can build a good-looking garden within a budget, especially with roses...because they last long.

It's all luck with bees. It was there and then it just flew away. Just like that! :D I need schooled bees to shoot, you know, the kind that are schooled to stay still when a human is coming over with a giant reflective black glass. :D

Thanks once again....I'll be following the light!

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Seeing as how the subject of roses came up I thought I'd put one into Blossomville, there is only a few on at the moment out the front.
Very overcast this arvo, had too use ISO800 to get the depth.
Greg

KM5D 24-105
braeside
Grand Caliph

Unread post by braeside »

The 2nd of our 3 cherry trees is coming into bloom now:

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Those are nice blossoms, do you end up with actual cherries?
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg; nice dewy red rose. :) So you actually are growing some nice-looking species!

David; if those sweet pink blossoms are the leading parties of this season, you'll have delicous, juicy cherries this year. Indeed beautiful. :)

This time I have the magnolias. :) They have no fruit promises but when the leaves come after a while they look a little more interesting. They kind of remind me of colourful lightbulbs when more mature.

Yildiz

braeside
Grand Caliph

Unfortunately no, just blossom no fruit. I didn't realise you got magnolias that colour, here they are all "magnolia" colour.
David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Nice healthy looking Magnolias Yildiz, there are some here in a pot that have just flowered as well, although they shouldn't be, no one else's has, (Autumn here) for a few months yet...they must be eager beavers.
Greg
ps. I like No1.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hey, I see you have posted nice shots today (Yildiz and David).
Wait till I process my shots.
Yildiz, I think people have to travel to our parts of the planet to flavor juicy cherries. :D
My trees are not blossoming yet, but buds are there.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

I miss those huge, juicy and staining(!) cherries myself. I think we'll soon see some plums and other berries fresh in flesh here. I've heard that Armenia had nice fruits also. I certainly admired the pomegranate photos you and Armen posted. :) I already saw some melons being sold at the bazaar which actually is too early an appearance.

Awaiting your photos. :)

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

braeside wrote:Unfortunately no, just blossom no fruit. I didn't realise you got magnolias that colour, here they are all "magnolia" colour.
Hi David, :D

There are various colours of magnolias. We can see creamy-white, fuschia and pearl-white ones over here. By 'magnolia colour', I suppose you mean the pearl-white ones, which are more common than fuschia and the other variety.

Couple of the variety as shown in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnolia

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you Greg, :)

If it is still autumn there then you have the opportunity and the time to sow some tulip bulbs yet. :D
It's rather hard to compose magnolia flowers together in a shot because unlike other trees, the branches are very thin and there are no leaves while the flowers are blooming, which make the flowers look like sparsely-suspended candles in the air. It's easier to shoot macros or close-ups instead which fill the whole frame.

Yildiz
braeside
Grand Caliph

aster wrote:
braeside wrote:Unfortunately no, just blossom no fruit. I didn't realise you got magnolias that colour, here they are all "magnolia" colour.
Hi David, :D

There are various colours of magnolias. We can see creamy-white, fuschia and pearl-white ones over here. By 'magnolia colour', I suppose you mean the pearl-white ones, which are more common than fuschia and the other variety.

Couple of the variety as shown in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnolia

Yildiz
Thanks, yes the creamy white colour is what I meant - we buy paint that is "magnolia" colour, so that is why I think of that.

Funny today my wife was just remarking about the number of magnolia trees we have in the village, I must take a trip out with my camera.
David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

aster wrote:Thank you Greg, :)

If it is still autumn there then you have the opportunity and the time to sow some tulip bulbs yet. :D
ssshh be vewy quiet, someone might hear :lol: this yard already has enough plants to sink a battleship...and me. :wink:

It's rather hard to compose magnolia flowers together in a shot because unlike other trees, the branches are very thin and there are no leaves while the flowers are blooming, which make the flowers look like sparsely-suspended candles in the air. It's easier to shoot macros or close-ups instead which fill the whole frame.
gotcha :)

Yildiz
Greg