Blossomville

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Blossomville

Unread post by aster »

Allam2009 wrote: (that is the trunk of the tree in the shot and not a branch)
:D That's cute! But one's got to admit that it has a successful bunch of lovely blossoms for that frail build. Admirable.

Yildiz
Ghor
Acolyte

Unread post by Ghor »

Two pictures from the last weekends:

Edit: I forgot to resize one of the pictures, I removed it.

bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Very creamy bookeeh and nice colour! But what are these funny bubbles? Is this .. in .. La Champagne? :lol:
Ghor
Acolyte

Unread post by Ghor »

Thanks! This was done with the 70-300 at 210mm and the funny bubbles are dew drops (rosée). It's not fantastic but I'm quite happy with this picture, I had to wake up early (for me :lol: )several successive days to find some dew with a nice backlight.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

A few from yesterday. I was killing time between golf shots.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Jbtaylor, :D

Impressive. You've got beautiful pastel tones as flowers and a smooth background. Which camera is this, because the first shot needs going really close to the ground?
Is the lens CZ 135 F1.8?

Ghor,

Those dews added a nice touch, I agree with bossel. :)

Yildiz
jbtaylor

The first shot is the old trusty Minolta 300mm 2.8. It's mounted on a monopod and I was sitting in a golf cart. The flower is roughly 15 feet away but the flower bed is slightly elevated. The next 2 are with the 135mm 1.8. The last shot is from a series taken while sitting on the stones that surround the flower bed at the base of a tree. A severe storm was about to hit and the wind was up.

One thing I have noticed about the 135mm lens is that it has difficulty getting the detail out of these bright flowers. They end up looking like blobs of color. These yellow guys are good examples.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you for the info Jbtaylor. :)

The last photos are very nice as well. The Carl-Zeiss lenses can make bright reds a little tricky. In the last couple of weeks when I was shooting the red tulips in the garden, the red came out over-saturated and the texture details seemed lost, but when I dropped the temperature for white balance all details were retrieved and looking good.

I don't know if the same approach would help your photos or not, but it's worth a try.

Yildiz
jbtaylor

Thanks for the advice aster. I will give it a shot. I assume that you mean turning down the temperature in post production and not in the camera. Please clarify if I am incorrect.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Jbtaylor,

Yes, I meant the changes to be made in post-processing because not all colours are responding like the tones of red.

I had worse photos that I could correct for the better but here are two samples from last week when I took photos of the twin tulips in the garden. They can really appear over-saturated and look like blobs of orange when the natural light changes in strenght.

Yildiz

Straight from the camera- this is actually one of the good outcomes but still details and colour transitions are lost:

And this is a quick attempt up to recover some finer details and colour transitions:

Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Rosemary with a bee.
KM 7D and Tamron 18-250. Set at 250mm, f6.7, ISO 200, 1/250th.
KM 7D and Tamron 18-250. Set at 250mm, f6.7, ISO 200, 1/60th.
And I'm sure you don't want to see my tribute to Berke Breathed and Bloom County's dandelion patch......
KM 7D and Signa 10-20. Set at 12mm, f4.5, ISO 200, 1/200th.
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

As I promised earlier here are two shots of blossom on apricot trees, followed by a dramatic change in the weather giving rise to snow, thus depriving us of future apricots this year, sadly.

... and the horrible

You can notice all the flowers frozen under the snow.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin

Unread post by Javelin »

ouch what a shame! nice blossoms too. we can't grow apricot here, maybe down toward Niagara but i've never heard of any
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

The cherry trees are fine and my beloved Cedars (Cedrus Libani) are fine and growing normally

I have planted 2 Cedar trees last year and hoped they'll survive their first winter, which they did. That means they will grow further. Of course I will not see those trees in their full maturity, but future generations will.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Beautiful blossoms indeed! It's hard to see the sweet apricots go like this... but you'll still have the cherries. :)

Planting trees is good thinking and we'd all be in a better place if we all planted nice trees instead of chocking them to death or cutting them down...like some people I've seen do around our vicinity here in Istanbul! They like pouring concrete more to the dismay and deprivation of our future cities and generations...They should be banned from construction business.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz