A NEW BEGINNING ( kingfisher)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
kingfisher
Oligarch

A NEW BEGINNING ( kingfisher)

Unread post by kingfisher »

this year , we had a long frost period
so many kingfishers has died

the place where i take my kingfishers-picture`s was also differently than the years before

there was a new pair kingfishers , and there behaviour was very different than the couple of the last years , this year it was more difficult than the years before
today i go back , and i saw a baby-kingfisher ,

the first new kingfishers has leaving there nest , i think this young-kingfisher is about one week out of the nest ,

there was almost no light

greetings
gustav
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: A NEW BEGINNING ( kingfisher)

Unread post by Birma »

Wonderful pictures as always Gustav - thank you for sharing the results of your labours with us. I can remember you telling us before that green backgrounds mean that it is summer :D . I and others on the forum, I am sure, would be interested to hear about how you got to know the new family of kingfishers? Are these shots with the 70-400? Are you still pleased with it?

(On television here in the UK last night there was a wildlife program that included kingfishers. I learnt a new fact I think - that female kingfishers have an orange mark on the lower bill - does this mean the bird in shots #1 and #2 is male, and the baby in #3 is female?)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

absolutely stunning as we,ve come to expect , i wish i could see a kingfisher in the wild, they are so beautiful you are very lucky and also it seems the harder you work the luckier you become :) , thanks for sharing

hope you don,t mind but #1 is my new destop wallpaper
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

very cute, excellent!!
kingfisher
Oligarch

Unread post by kingfisher »

hi everyone

i writh this answer , for the second time
first time à hour ago , i was almost finish with my answer , and then the FORUM was out :( :( :(

so i writh it again , :D :D

about five weeks ago , the father-kingfisher begins , to bring every half hour fish to the nest , that`s mean the baby-kingfishers are out of the egs
en want to have food
when they are out of the egs , it takes about twenty-five days , that the little-kingfishers fly out of the nest

one and a half week ago , i was ther to , and i hear them twitter
that means that is almost time to fly out , and they come to the front of the nest

so this saterday i was ther and i saw a little-kingfisher on my branch , so i now , that the around one week old

yes indeed t think no 1 and 2 are a male and 3 a female

i take this picture`s with the SAL 300MM 2.8 SSM
i hire this lens

yes iàm very happy with the SAL 70-400 i think it`s a very good lens
at the moment , when i have this lens , my SONY 70-200 SSM stay`s in my bag

me and some friends , have make a comparision test between the SAL 70-400 VS MINOLTA 400MM G-LENS F4
here a link
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/comparision ... 46212.html

i take many picture`s with the 70-400

here can you see a lot of them
http://www.dyxum.com/dforum/some-birds- ... page1.html

and also on PHOTOCLUBALPHA , bird in flight and kitesurfing in flight , those picture`s i taken also with the 70-400

the 70-400 is a great lens and it is worth the money
i think its well built and the colour for me is good , when you used this lens , the color problem is disappeared
the most important is the quality and i think sony succeeded to build a G-LENS ZOOM LENS on the highest niveo

GIO67

no i dont mind
if you want the picture bigger , i can send it to you

greetings
gustav
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Gustav, thanks for the reply. Fascinating stuff. (sorry you lost your first draft!)

Looking forward to more pictures as the summer, and the family, progresses. :D
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi,

New Kingfisher family and the new 70-400 G combination is producing very good photos Gustav. :D
The colour of the breast feathers of this family differs from the previous family's bright yellow-orange one. The change is refreshing...

Yildiz
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

Stunning images in a superb quality. Your toiling and sweating and your experience really pays off with this subject. Triple thumbs-up!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Gustav is excellent as always.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr