Monochrome tree

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Hawk
Oligarch

Monochrome tree

Unread post by Hawk »

This image may seem heavily post processed however it wasn’t. It is straight from camera image converted to B&W with little amount of cyan tint added during conversion. Border was simply inverted and grayed out a little bit.

I usually don't do such "extreme" PP, but just had to do something with this photo :D Hope you like it.

Version with simple border:

springm
Oligarch

Re: Monochrome tree

Unread post by springm »

Strong graphics. Both versions work for me, it probably is just a matter of personal preference or envisualized environment which one to prefer. I don't mind coming out as a purist when admitting that #2 is my favourite.

Markus
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I second Markus. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Hawk
Oligarch

Unread post by Hawk »

Thanks!
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

In this post I discovered the link to your blog. Well designed and quite some stuff to look at. Oh, and it's always nice to meet another linux person...
Hawk
Oligarch

Unread post by Hawk »

springm wrote:In this post I discovered the link to your blog. Well designed and quite some stuff to look at. Oh, and it's always nice to meet another linux person...
Yes. I post all of my work to my blog and only selected ones to my gallery. #2 from this post is already in my gallery now :) When posting to my blog I also re-post here, on Dyxum and on KlubKM (polish forums for Minolta, Konica Minolta and Sony users). These are three greatest Minolta/Sony related communities on the net.

As for Linux, I use it since 1996. Started on Slackware 3.x in home and Redhat 4.x on university. Then used Redhat 6.2 for a long time and switched to PLD Linux somewhere in 2001. Now I personally use my own version of PLD Linux and sometimes Debian. But I must confess... I use Windows on VM to do all of photo editing :(

Thanks for comment on my blog Markus!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Hawk,

Being the liberated soul that I am, I liked both of the photos for different reasons from the start. The second is a good strong graphical expression while I think the first effect you used for a frame can actually be furthered into being a part of the composition process with a larger integration as an estate. To clarify what I mean, maybe it helps to imagine a very large, unproportionally tiled image with the 'frame's effect' as couple of the tiles. It would make a good wall painting/mural in a modern home design.

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz