Let's post some panoramas

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Let's post some panoramas

Unread post by pakodominguez »

NEX5 + 16mm f2.8
View of NYC from the 6th floor of a new building in Long Island City
It is hard to get a "perfect' panorama with the NEX, but this one came really good.
Last edited by pakodominguez on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Good one Pako.

Here is looking at the vineyard from Church and State Winery, Vancouver Island, BC.
This is a 16 image pano, shot vertically and stitched using the latest version of Microsoft ICE.
A900 with Minolta 28-135, hand held.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Very nice Dynax800si, Pako and Sury :D. Ewan certainly started off a flury of panoramas.

gio67 wrote:
Birma wrote:Hi Gio 67 - I like both of those, very interesting perspectives :D. I look forward to having that feature on my next Sony body ;)
do you mean nex sony body
Gio67, I was just suggesting that sweep panorama may well become a standard feature in Sony vdslr as well as the Nex range. I hope it does :D.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

dynax800si wrote:My last panorama, 17 vertical shots at 20mm from Valencia (Spain).
Ah, Lovely Valencia...and lovely Calatrava architecture... : )

Thanks for sharing, Dnax800si.

Hi Pako; Hi Sury, : )

Great contributions...

Yildiz
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Some really good pics in this thread, makes me want to travel.

Here are a couple from me, both taken yesterday (2nd August) in Whitby - the setting for Bram Stokers Dracula

a larger version can be found here http://www.pbase.com/murph4306/image/127123098/original

Cheers

Paul
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Paul,

For some nostalgic reason I liked the first shot more... :D They are both good documentry samples of the port....

In the mean time, I feel obligated to remind you that the talll ships of The Tall Ships Race Two from Kristiansand to Hartlepool, are about to arrive in Hartlepool in the next few days. Hansa (Spain), has already taken the Line Honours for crossing the finish line first! : )

They are imminent and I am very excited for them. : ) I'm sure they'll all look grand at Hartlepool...I miss them very much.

Looking forward to all your photos on The Tall Ships and the Parade of Sail as they will appear through your lenses!

Good luck!

Yildiz
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

Always late on those posting :-).

here is some old one of the Charlevoix region in Quebec, Canada in autumn.

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Both are great, Frank. : )

Sense of depth and the elements are very nice....

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Really nice panoramas Frank and Paul.

I have only visited Whitby a couple of times but I think it has a lot to offer the photographer with beaches, a busy harbour, and a very atmospheric abbey.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I was at Starbucks inside Barnes & Noble (bookstore) this afternoon and was thumbing through a British Journal of Photography that had a couple of lens reviews by David (Nikon 16-35mm f4 and another one). I had my pocket digicam and for some reason, which I don't quite know, I took it out and made a panorama. :) Here is a thumbnail:

Larger version:

http://www.bakubo.com/panoramas/starbucks_pano.jpg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Henry, coffee and books, one of my wife's favourite ways to pass the time :D. I like the way the way the picture transistions from coffee space to book space, almost as if there is a complex stitch of two pictures being put together.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:Hi Henry, coffee and books, one of my wife's favourite ways to pass the time :D. I like the way the way the picture transistions from coffee space to book space, almost as if there is a complex stitch of two pictures being put together.
Well, actually it is a stitch of 6 photos. :) I know what you mean though. What you are seeing is the result of the architect and the B&N/Starbucks store designers. B&N pretty much always has a Starbucks in it where you can get some coffee and also take books/magazines off the shelves and look at them.

While sitting there at the table I happened to look up and think that I should make a panorama. I whipped out my digicam, yeah whipped it out, in one graceful, quick movement. Without even getting out of my chair I squeezed off 6 shots as I pivoted at the waist. I was surprised that the only person who even noticed was the second guy from the left. Light was a bit low so slow shutter speeds and he turned his head during the exposure of his frame. He seemed to be admiring my dexterity and how skilled I was in my camera whipping. Although it was unsaid, I felt like I could hear a cheery, "Bravo!"
Last edited by bakubo on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

We used to have a Borders book shop near here with a Starbucks inside that was one of our favourite places to visit when out shopping, it doesn't have the same appeal now its and HMV with Starbucks.

Continuing with the pano thread here are a couple from a recent visit to Bowes Museum

The approach to the house (8 images stitched)

Looking out over the front gardens from the terrace in front of the house (10 images stitched)

All images stitched using PTGUI, all photographs taken with Sony A700 + Minolts 28 - 135

If you want to see larger versions visit my pbase site (murph4306) and look in the wideboys gallery

Thanks for looking

Paul
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Those are great panos Paul - loads of detail and texture in the pictures. Looking at the front of the house I can't help but think "cleaning all of those windows must take ages!" 8)
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Paul, may I guess that it is easier under cloudy condition? (even exposure)
Those shots are great.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr