Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by Arun Gaur »

Birma

Your thread is beautiful, since the flowers are always beautiful.
My wife (Rana) is currently dabbling with my A350. She is fond of flowers and has taken many pictures of them in the home. I think some of them are fair enough, and I have told her that as she is increasingly becoming fond of taking pictures of flowers, I would leave that field to her and would not concentrate on taking photos of flowers. To encourage her further, I proposed to her that I would be posting her pictures on the forum.
So can I post the photos taken by her in your thread?
Thanks.

Arun Gaur
http://tripolia-indianlandscapeimages.com
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Arun Gaur wrote:Birma

My wife (Rana) is currently dabbling with my A350. She is fond of flowers and has taken many pictures of them in the home. I think some of them are fair enough, and I have told her that as she is increasingly becoming fond of taking pictures of flowers, I would leave that field to her and would not concentrate on taking photos of flowers. To encourage her further, I proposed to her that I would be posting her pictures on the forum.
Thanks.

Arun Gaur
Hi Arun, I am sure we'd all be very pleased to see some of Rana's flower pictures, and please feel free to post them on this thread. The more, the merrier :D. It will be interesting to see the flowers of another country.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Thanks.

Arun Gaur
I have another suggestion. Let her become a member of the forum and let her post her shots herself. :D
After all we need more female contributors.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

I agree, I'd love to see the shots she posts.
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Dr. Harout wrote:

Thanks.

Arun Gaur
I have another suggestion. Let her become a member of the forum and let her post her shots herself. :D
After all we need more female contributors.
Dr. Harout
That would be great indeed. I will convey your message to her.

However, I think I will have to act as a conduit. She is a house-wife--a 24 hour job. Though she has been handling my filters, tripods, lenses and film camera bodies for the last 20 years, she is unable to handle the computer applications and digital processing. However by observing me and assisting me for so many years, she has developed the sense of light conditions, a little idea of depth of field, so on an so forth.

I must also mention here this important fact that many of my fair pictures were taken just because she pointed out to me a particular subject, a particular situation.
And since she is alive to the beauty of nature, sometimes I do feel that her shots (though taken on very few occasions) are as good as mine.
I would try to convince and encourage her.

Arun Gaur
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Javelin wrote:I agree, I'd love to see the shots she posts.
I would ask her (in fact I would have to post myself) to post immediately. In fact while I was writing the e-mail for this forum in the early morning, she literally dragged me out of chair to show me a new flower that had just bloomed in her flower-bed.
Arun
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Birma
In a hurry and excitement that my wife was feeling at the time of posting, unwittingly, we posted the pictures as a separate thread. I could not delete that posting immediately. However, properly those pictures belong to your thread so I am posting them here also.

We hope you won't mind. We would be more careful in future.

Thanks & Regards

Arun & Rana (Shelika)

Taken on 9th February
_DSC2547A.jpg
_DSC2547A.jpg (302.69 KiB) Viewed 5165 times
Taken on 9th February
_DSC2553A.jpg
_DSC2553A.jpg (173.75 KiB) Viewed 5165 times
Taken on 14th February
_DSC2617SharpA.jpg
_DSC2617SharpA.jpg (204.54 KiB) Viewed 5165 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Arun & Rana - those are beautiful flower pictures :D . Great colours with beautifully lighting. Thank you for sharing them with us - and I look forward to seeing many more in this thread, and in any others :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Welcome to Rana!

Nice photos of flowers.

Hope we see more of your work! :D

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice and sharp with beautiful colors. :D
Excellent start.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Birma wrote:Hi Arun & Rana - those are beautiful flower pictures :D . Great colours with beautifully lighting. Thank you for sharing them with us - and I look forward to seeing many more in this thread, and in any others :D .
Hi Birma
Rana is delighted that you gave her an opportunity to post some of her pictures. She is certainly elated when I tell her that "You have also now become an international photographer just like me". :lol:

Regards
Arun
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

aster wrote:Welcome to Rana!

Nice photos of flowers.

Hope we see more of your work! :D

Yildiz
Yildiz
Rana has particular thanks for you. I am your sure that under your personal guidance she would be posting more images and would certainly prove to be a better poster than myself.
Her approaches are simple and straightforward (quite unlike me who sometimes thinks more on the lines of personal gains).

Arun
Arun Gaur
Heirophant

Dr. Harout wrote:Nice and sharp with beautiful colors. :D
Excellent start.
Thanks once again Dr. Harout.
As suggested by you I would try to convince her to become a member today. Would also try to teach her a few steps for posting photographs. She may be able to type also a few simple sentences in English.

Arun Gaur
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Arun and Rana, :)

You're very kind, thank you.
Rana is ver much welcome with her actual presence in the forums. Her contributions will bring their own possibilities and challenges.
Just start posting and all members will be around for guidance. :) It's all about sharing something that you like doing the way you like it done.

Best wishes,

Yildiz
Shelika Gaur
Initiate

Unread post by Shelika Gaur »

This is my first posting (assisted by Arun). Hope it will be OK.
The season is very hot this year. My Delia withers within 4-5 days.

Photo taken on 9th February.

Thanks for viewing. :)

Shelika (Rana)
_DSC2566B.jpg
(183.89 KiB) Downloaded 2340 times