Day Trip

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Day Trip

Unread post by Ewannawe »

Yesterday proved to be quite an excursion. We set of (unprepared, no food etc.) for a drive in the country, taking advantage of the beautiful spring weather. With no destination in mind we ended up in Scotland and visited the woolen mills in Hawick, from there we meandered our way through the hills back towards northwest England. Saw a sign for Hermitage Castle and followed that road, turned out to be quite spectacular and not least for its isolated location. An interesting history too.

Reality is merely illusion, albeit a persistent one. ~ Albert Einstein
To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Re: Day Trip

Moving on, lunch on the go, we passed by this..

Back into England and through Carslisle we found ourselves in Keswick (Lake District) by about 15:00. Drove over Honiston Pass circled back and stayed in a hotel near Bassenthwaite Lake. At around 07:00 today I got these..

To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
Ewannawe
Oligarch

Heading for home now we passed over Kirkstone Pass and round Ullswater, finally got home 16:00 and about £250 poorer. Quite a 'day' out.

Kirkstone pass ruin. For some reason made me think of Peru, despite never actually having been to Peru and hardly up to Machu Pichu standards.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Quite a variety of shots Ewan, each depicting a significant beauty or historical premise.

The ruins in the last shot has the aura of the Peruvian highland structures. The waterscape in the morning is magnificent with that restful, mirror-like surface and soft blue transitions. I'm also impressed with the colourful stonework of the in the first post where there's also a tub-like massive stone piece.

Thanks for sharing and saving us our bank accounts too! :D

Yiildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

I enjoyed the travelogue very much. I felt I was there rather than looking at pictures. Thank you for the experience.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I see you had a nice photoday out, and I'm sure you have much much more photos to share.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That's what I call a drive in the country! great photos of Castles and lakes and a mini Machu Pichu too boot.
Greg

ps That castle looks like it was about 4 or 5 storeys high..wow.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Grand day out Ewan :) The wide angle shot of the lake is awesome.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.