Photos with evidence of the photographer

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Re: Photos with evidence of the photographer

Unread post by smulnik »

Thanks Henry!

Yildiz... nice observation. I didn’t realize it until you mentioned it. My body position is really close to effacé. I should have pointed my front foot, turned out my standing leg, and inclined my head before taking the shot. That would’ve been cool. :D I'll remember that next time.

Diagram of the effacé body position:
https://aballeteducation.com/2017/11/04 ... on-efface/

Sig
A7 III - A99 - NEX 7 - A900 - A100 - RX100 IV
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Unread post by smulnik »

After many years of spending time among the dancers, they’ve grown to accept me and my camera, allowing me to get close enough to observe and document their normal behaviors within their natural habitats without threats to my personal safety. :shock: It’s like I’m Jane Goodall… or something.

Sig

A99, 24-70 ZA, F 4, 1/60, ISO 640
DSC06322.jpg
(220.11 KiB) Downloaded 1299 times
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

:)
Everything in the life unusual!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi, Sig; :D

Thank you for the link to A Ballet Education website. :) I truly enjoyed the tutorials, directory and the blog, as well as the videos. It was an excellent feeling watching some ballet this morning. And, looking forward to your ballet moves/positions while immersing yourself in ballet photography!
The girls look immune to your being around and observing them for the most intriguing or unique moments… but I'm not so sure about being likened to chimpanzees, gorillas or orangutans. :D :D Hope they don't drop by to read this forum.

I love how accustomed they've gotten to you, though. Must be about you being trustworthy.
Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

smulnik wrote:Thanks Henry!

Yildiz... nice observation. I didn’t realize it until you mentioned it. My body position is really close to effacé. I should have pointed my front foot, turned out my standing leg, and inclined my head before taking the shot. That would’ve been cool. :D I'll remember that next time.

Sig
Sig,
Leave it to Yildiz to observe the fine points. She is brilliant in this regard (and I am sure in other areas too :D ).
Yildiz is right. When they trust you, they let you in. Nice shot by the way, the last one.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Unread post by smulnik »

Thanks!... and...
aster wrote:The girls look immune to your being around and observing them for the most intriguing or unique moments… but I'm not so sure about being likened to chimpanzees, gorillas or orangutans. :D :D
Oh my. I just re-read my original comment. Yes, it would appear that I implicated only the females dancers. :shock: I assure you I was referring to the male dancers as well. Also, the Jane Goodall analogy was just something ridiculous that popped into my head. I hope no one out in social-media-land thinks that I was being serious. :?

Sig
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

smulnik wrote:Thanks!... and...

Oh my. I just re-read my original comment. Yes, it would appear that I implicated only the females dancers. :shock: I assure you I was referring to the male dancers as well. Also, the Jane Goodall analogy was just something ridiculous that popped into my head. I hope no one out in social-media-land thinks that I was being serious. :?

Sig
Hi, Sig;

:D I can assure you, we definitely don't think you're serious at all ! You're much to good for that and we all know how diligently you work on subjects that matter to you and how sincere you always are. The dancers are lucky to have someone like you around them, actually. :) You're eternalizing some very easy-to-forget moments.
Jane Goodall analogy wasn't that bad. In fact, her genuine love and affection for an undermined species (by humans) is a testimony for her love for humanity. She was a very good human being and so are you. :)

Thanks for sharing so much of your ballet adventures and many things/subjects besides.
Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:
smulnik wrote:Thanks Henry!

Sig
Sig,
Leave it to Yildiz to observe the fine points. She is brilliant in this regard (and I am sure in other areas too :D ).
Yildiz is right. When they trust you, they let you in. Nice shot by the way, the last one.

Sury

Sury, thank you very much! :D As always, you're very kind.

Kind greetings,
Yildiz
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

Sig!
It is very interesting to see a look at the art of dance within the whole process. Personally, I learn a lot after commenting what to shoot and how to shoot. Evaluation of people of their work is one thing, but assessment of work and a look at the shooting of a professional in their field is another. I always read very carefully, communicate with people who get in my frame and really value their opinion. Thank you so much for your comments and photos about the art of dance.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Sig,
FWIW, I took from your reference to Jane Goodall as a complimentary note. It is like entering an highly
defensive environment and to be accepted though does not look like "one of us" is a matter of being trustworthy
as Yildiz pointed out. Although I am inclined to think, they are better than human being given the atrocities
committed by so called evolved species. :D

Yildiz,
You are most welcome. Just stating the obvious. :)

Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Yesterday while walking around I decided to include myself. :)

ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

:)
sury

Unread post by sury »

Excellent, as usual, Henry.

Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bakubo wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 am Cool motorbike riders in the Mekong Delta, Vietnam :)

DSC03840.jpg
DSC03840.jpg (168.51 KiB) Viewed 104784 times
Today while walking in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia I took this photo. After getting it on my computer I noticed that I am reflected in the sunglasses. :-) I didn't notice at the time I took the photo, but I should have.

P1030377.jpg
P1030377.jpg (189.21 KiB) Viewed 104784 times