Just bought used Minolta 35-70/4...

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Hawk
Oligarch

Just bought used Minolta 35-70/4...

Unread post by Hawk »

... and so far tested it in macro mode. Do these look good or are bad/ugly/whatever? :) macro 1 macro 2
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Just bought used Minolta 35-70/4...

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I always felt this was a low contrast lens, but your pictures have strong contrast and colour. The design is high in resolution even with the macro position enabled.

David
Hawk
Oligarch

Unread post by Hawk »

I really like this lens. Its great when compared to 18-70 kit, and it was cheap. Too bad 17-35/2.8-4 D is far more expensive. I wonder if it has similar image quality and color reproduction.
ianmiddy
Heirophant

Unread post by ianmiddy »

Lovely detail in the first one - I often find that it can be lost in yellow flowers, but that subtle colour-change keeps it well - I love this lens for that type of short-distance flower close-up - makes a great pairing with the Beercan for longer ones...

...I put together a coffee-table book of flower shots taken last summer, and probably 1/3 of the shots were with the 35-70 [the rest with the Beercan and the 50/3.5M].

Cheers

IDM
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

I have that lens. I like it quite a lot. and have a lot of nice pictures from it. I didn't take so many shots in macro setting though.

Those are great shots. and show the quality of the lens very well

I just picked up a 17-35 F2.8 too which is a newer KM lens that I think i'm going to like a lot too. I likethe petal shade too it's the only plastic hood I've seen that I like. all my other lenses are vintage minolta