A landscape photo! Ireland

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

A landscape photo! Ireland

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

This is about 15 minutes walk from where I live.
I've never once got a shot I was happy with in this area even though it's right next to me. (been here for 9 years) It was starting to annoy me

Today, the light was good..better then I have ever seen it the sky was dramatic and intense.

IMGP1955rs.jpg
(208.08 KiB) Downloaded 1952 times
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Re: A landscape photo! Ireland

Unread post by [SiC] »

Extraordinary shot! Grattis! (congratulations)
Like the view a lot :) only been to Dublin once but would love to visit the Irish countryside.

Br,
/Zeb!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
-----Nod-----
Heirophant

Unread post by -----Nod----- »

I like it ! We were in Ireland in 2009 and got some amazing shots. It is a very photogenic country and has many interesting sites. Glendalough was one of our favorites for photos. And of course the Powerscourt Estate is beautiful. Keep posting more shots.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Quite moody that one Barry also looks like it would have been tricky getting the exposure right what with the bright backlight above the buildings/hills, actually there are bright and dark patches all over the place, in the water also. I like the scene with those buildings and especially the windmill; it looks like it would be worth checking at different times of the day as well while that cloud is/was around. From a negative? I didn't check to see if there was any exif or anything, I was just wondering what lens/camera that's all.
Greg
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Greg Beetham wrote:From a negative? I didn't check to see if there was any exif or anything, I was just wondering what lens/camera that's all.
Greg
Pentax K-x
F 7.1
1/250s
iso 200
17 mm
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Ah so, thanks [SIC], the K-x and the kit lens that came with it I guess.
Greg
bfitzgerald

Lol secret is out!
I wish it were on negative this would work wonders on Ektar 100 but it's not bad at all for digital.
Lens was the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8..actually the kit lens isn't bad (at the wide end) it wouldn't have made a lot of difference for this shot

I've some more shots not sure they're all great but I'll post a few more, I also attempted a panoramic but I've not had time to play with that one yet.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

well you certainly broke your hoodoo there
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

a cracker mr fitsgerald i think england had nice country side once its all getting concrete!

nice shot barry
mikehawthorne
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Barry, :)

First of all thanks for sharing this grand shot!

You may have lived in the vicinity for 9 years to take a photo but it took me several years to actually see a photo uploaded by yourself to the forum threads.. :D And what a grand opening. I hope we see your photos more often.

A dramatic yet very delightful scene that one doesn't get tired of looking for many moments at a time. : )

I will be looking out for more of your shots in the future. Don't let it many more years this time.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Fabulous shot Bary - great lighting, very dramamtic and moody and I like the colours over the sea. That Tammy is obviously a nice lens in any mount. Encore :D .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bfitzgerald

Blen Panoraminc rs.jpg
(93.58 KiB) Downloaded 1887 times
Thanks for the comments

I whipped up a panoramic in Hugin (good program and open source) as per usual completely ignoring sound panoramic techniques (ala hand held)
The original is a whopping 50 megapixels resolution. This should give you a decent idea of scale.

The place is impressive, but the light and conditions can vary hugely. In 2/3 months those mountains will be white, in the summer time it is difficult to get a clean shot due to haze. These stormy skies with moments of intense sun breaking though are ideal for these types of shots I just can't see it working with clear blue skies. The light can change very quickly too so it's worth sticking around for a while.
bfitzgerald

Another pano this time from a simlar viewpoint to the first one. Much happier with this pano v the other one.

Sadly I can't post larger than this I think that's due to a past forum member posting massive images! (cough)

IMGP1943-IMGP1945 Finalrs02.jpg
(103.85 KiB) Downloaded 1860 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I like the scenes in both of those pans Barry, I don’t know how you feel about it but I think I would have liked a bit more dramatic cloud at the top in the first and maybe even a little more in the second...perhaps.
It'll be great to compare the scene again in a month or so, when the snow arrives.
Greg
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Great capture Barry. Worth the 9 year wait. ;^)
Thanks for sharing.

Bit more for you Greg.