Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Unread post by Birma »

Fabulous sunset DA :)

Weather fabulous here, but too hot for photos! It was over 30 centigrade today. Greg would be taking his over-coat off ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Birma wrote:Weather fabulous here, but too hot for photos! It was over 30 centigrade today. Greg would be taking his over-coat off ;)
Over 30 Centigrade !! WOW !! :lol:

Reminds me of the summer of 1961, when I worked in England on a student exchange program. I still remember a newspaper headline that read, "Thermometer touches 90 F (32 degrees C). Hundreds faint at Wimbledon." As a reference point, according to my daughter in Phoenix, Arizona, they had 120 days in 2011 in which the temperature exceeded 38 degrees C (100 degrees F).

As Einstein said, "All things are relative." :wink:

- Tom -
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hehe - sounds like nothing changes Tom :) The government issued health warnings yesterday due to the heat. It's our first heat wave for 7 years so we're doing our best to enjoy it. Who knows when it will happen again?
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

tsawwassen 19ºc. clear skies, late evening

Thanks Yidiz, Greg & Birma,
I wish that was my place on the river Greg. The guy who owns it put the sign up in humour for his fellow fishermen Yildiz. He is a very vice guy, plus there is plenty of parking a the foot of the dike.
Glad you like the sunset Birma, it was taken with my older Minolta 28-75. Would liked to have used yours. ;^)
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Nice weather here at the moment, a tad windy maybe but cool even in the hottest part of the day, only 27⁰C, no overcoat though, :lol: it’s time for caulking the seams on the next section of weatherboards, that will keep a body warm enough.
Greg
A couple of Curlews (active during the night and rest up through the day) stood guard outside all day today, I have no idea why, I’m pretty sure there wasn’t any egg sitting involved.
A100 KM24-105
DSC04159.jpg
david antony
Viceroy

19ºc. Sunny.

Good capture Greg. Was wondering if the one lying down might be injured?
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I’m not sure DA, they were both standing earlier on when I saw them. I’ve seen them at the golf courses here doing much the same, standing or lying near a tree, sometimes if you’re looking for your ball (like me) you can accidentally almost step on them before you notice them, they often just put their head down and lie still as you approach.
Greg
david antony
Viceroy

19ºc. Clear.

Would have thought your golf course might look more like this Greg?

Not my photo.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice capture of the birds Greg - they are probably just relaxed around you :)

I like the Skippy golf course DA ;)
david antony
Viceroy

18ºc. Still clear.

Slim chance Elmer painting truck Greg. Maybe the tractor? ;^)
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yeah wow DA, talk about mobile bunkers, that’s out of control I reckon, I did play at a course a few years ago that had lots of Kangas but they were pretty well behaved and stayed out of the way around the edges mostly.
The worst trouble I can remember was with Crows, the varmints pinch your ball and disappear with it.
Thanks Birma, there are a few birds around the yard that are quite a bit tamer than others, it’s probably the difference between the ones that stay around permanently and the ones that come and go periodically.
I was hoping the Curlews would hop over the fence and find a nice spot under a tree in the yard, there’s quite a lot of leaf litter in places with lots of lovely greeblies, and no dogs to bother them.
I’ve got a soft spot for Curlews despite the amount of noise they make at night sometimes, they apparently can become quite tolerant of humans being close, maybe that’s why in some places they have vanished where they used to be plentiful, they nest on the ground and the chicks are vulnerable to pets kept by us humans. Oh well, maybe they can train those same pets to catch the large cockroaches that now move around freely at night, now that there are no Curlews there.
Greg
Townsville weather: still windy-ish and cool-ish.
They were all along the course, on the edges.
PICT0446-1.jpg
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

we are on the second week over 95/37 degrees and poor air conditions
:-/
How do you say "canicule" in English?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
david antony
Viceroy

canicule = scorching.

That is hot Pako. Unlike the South West desert where it is dry heat you get more humidity which is the killer.
david antony
Viceroy

16ºc. 8:50 am.

Nice shot of your golf course Greg. What are the rules if one lands in a mobile bunker/pouch? ;^)
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

45 degrees C in the garden today... :shock:

It's bad weather almost all year but when it does get good, it's always I've the top. Being so close to the Sea doesn't help either, it can get very damp and humid. Instant wetness guaranteed!