Varied stuff from the weekend. 8pix

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Varied stuff from the weekend. 8pix

Unread post by Javelin »

Still sort of getting used to the A700. been shooting A-mode a lot but I'm going to go back to shooting in manual. I'm not sure I like the choices for ISO the automatic ISO chooses for me in A mode. I will have to see how that affects the flash because the flash I have is the 36am with no manual setting. I was going to pick up a 42 but I don't know if thats got a manual mode either. For the busker's shots there was very harsh lighting and I was expecting the flash to fill but I found I had to add in some flash comp to not underexpose and being a bone head I never looked at the histograms and relied on the screen and still got them underexposed to some degree.

Real snail mail

Can't let Sonolta have all the fun!

Some building

There was a Busker festival here in Toronto that we got to spend a couple of hours at.

Aussie Busker working Toronto. Al Millar (Alakazam) puts on a good show. This guy...

Stuffs himself through a tennis racket. And keeps hundreds entertained without missing a beat.a

Most of the shows were so surrounded with people You couldn't get close enough to see.

But there was lots of other performers wandering around.

Of course Elvis was there..no not that one... the silver one!

There there was the odd Canon user ... Sorry to see they haven't gotten the shooting tethered thing quite right.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Varied stuff from the weekend. 8pix

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice series javelin :D
What lens did you use?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

We have a busking festival here in the Scottish Borders (in Hawick) but it does not cover street entertainers - just strict, pure busking - guitar, banjo, squeezebox, pipes, flute, harmonica type of thing. Solo or street bands. So it's OK for the music but does not really offer much spectacle to look at. It would be a great idea to have a festival of street performance artists instead.

David
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Doc: This was the beercan and 35-70 F4 which flared like crazy on a few shots no matter how much I sweet talked it.

David: this group looks like an organized troupe that travels from city to city putting on theses shows. The main preformers did their shows in 3 or 4 areas kind of like a circus so say every 10 minutes there was a show starting somewhere. they sign up local talent for static booths with music, food and other entertainment chalk art ect.. and people like the clowns that work through the crowd. it's a really well put together show and I see it was reviewed well in the papers