Raod side on the way to Anchorage, Alaska.

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Raod side on the way to Anchorage, Alaska.

Unread post by sury »

This was a nature trail about 5 miles south of Anchorage, Alaska on the way to Seward.
My back is to the freeway, railway track and Pacific. This is a fresh water Nature Preserve
"dammed" by the railway track.

With best regards,
Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
mvanrheenen

Re: Raod side on the way to Anchorage, Alaska.

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

That's a cool shot sury. How come the tracks ended up in the pond (or the other way around)?

The image does seem to have some purple fringing going haywire.
Mark
sury

Unread post by sury »

The purple fringing is probably my post processing.

The railway tracks were behind me and that train goes North East to South West direction for about 200 miles. The tracks
run along the water's edge so the track became a natural barrier (levee) for the fresh water coming down the mountains
is now prevented by the tracks from going into sea. The resulting wetlands provide a very rich natural habitat for birds and
other water based life. This is one of the (few) positive examples of industrial progress which created Environment instead of
destroying it.

Sury
Wildieswife
Oligarch

Unread post by Wildieswife »

Well, Sury - you don't half get about in the world! From India to Anchorage. I'm so jealous! :wink:

I'd say the purple fringing could be the lens/whether it were clean/compatible and the fact the light situation wasn't right. If the light situation isn't right, and all of our knowledge of how to counteract it fails it just isn't going to work, is it ? In other words - there are some situations where you only look and and don't use the camera. It's still a memory :)

Pat
"Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now" Bob Dylan
sury

Unread post by sury »

Pat,
I couldn't agree more. In fact, this morning, I was out in the backyard with missus, having coffee and doing crossword puzzles,
our favorite pastime, I see bees buzzing around. My wife commented on taking pictures, but I said, let it be(e). :lol:
Camera can wait. Not withstanding favorable lighting condition and lens choice being not an issue.

As for travel, it is irony that I haven't been to Alaska, living in California for the last 30 years or so. Anchorage being only
5 hours by plane. But for me the thrill was crossing Arctic circle on Dalton Highway.

With best regards,
Sury