Food & Drinks 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Re: Food & Drinks 2013

Unread post by Ken M »

Steak and RUM!

A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Tamron 72E 90mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony
Sony 55-300mm and 55-200mm

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

It wouldn't be a waste to marinade the steak with the rum Image
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ken M »

I should try that!
A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Ken, : )

Those look very proper steaks, nicely marinaded and nicely sliced to make a juicy mouthful of meat to one's delight.

I'm left wondering what's inside the glass on the left but the Rum in the first shot leaves no room for questions.
Nicely photographed to enhance the best qualities of both the Rum, the clear colour against the light and the meat with its pinkish freshness.

All tasted very delicious no doubt. :) Bon appetit!

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Is there any proper order in which you tackle that dinner Ken, or just play it by ear, it doesn’t seem too complex as there are only two items to worry about. I think it is an excellent dinner, maybe a little addition of some spice wouldn't hurt either, Yildiz or Sury style just to liven up the steak a little.
Greg
Ps Yildiz if I may, at a guess that would be the immortal Rum&Coke on the rocks, (Ken can correct me if I'm wrong), which isn’t actually a bad little tipple. You have to keep an eye on it though, it has been known to sneak up on the unwary.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

The Cinnamon = Darcin (read: dahr-chin, name originated probably from Persian, used in many languages including Armenian and Turkish).
We sometimes use it for hypertension too.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg, : )

Rum & Coke on the rocks ? So those are ice pieces, I believe and the rest is a mixture of Rum and Coke.
Thanks for the info. : )
Dr. Harout wrote:The Cinnamon = Darcin (read: dahr-chin, name originated probably from Persian, used in many languages including Armenian and Turkish).
You're right, Dr. Harout, the name originates from Persian and almost similar in Turkish and Armenian. I just learned that the Turkish name for Cinnamon, "Tarçın", actually stands for "Chinese Tree". : ) Pretty interesting...

I know that Cinnamon tea is drank pretty regularly by ladies for hypertension too.

Yildiz
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ken M »

Rum and Diet coke.... I am on a diet!hiccup! Yes Ice pieces! :mrgreen: :lol: :o
A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony

sury

Unread post by sury »

Dr. Harout wrote:The Cinnamon = Darcin (read: dahr-chin, name originated probably from Persian, used in many languages including Armenian and Turkish).
I think it is Persian in origin too. In India we call it Dalchini (replace "r" with "l"). Urdu, a language spoken by most Muslims in India and Pakistan is a hybrid of Persian and Hindi (Sanskrit root).

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:
I think it is Persian in origin too. In India we call it Dalchini (replace "r" with "l"). Urdu, a language spoken by most Muslims in India and Pakistan is a hybrid of Persian and Hindi (Sanskrit root).

Sury
The similarities in pronounciations and spellings are impressive and shows how extensive the lingustic influence of one language can be.

Thanks for the pointers, Sury. : ))

I have some Pistachio-Marash Icecream with nuts and Kiwi today and chocholate if one likes.:)
Maraş (Marash) is a city in Turkey where a specail kind of icecream is produced with harwork of long hours..beating and beating until the icecream can stretch like a thread of rope or like you'd stretch chewn gum. It used to be very hard work, every single step of the production manually manufactured but nowadays it's also accomplishable by machines.

Well, here it goes: Pistachio-Marash Icecream with Kiwi and nuts. Too sweet for my taste but the little sour Kiwi slices balanced the experience.

Yildiz
PistachioMarash-IcecreamWith Nuts.jpg
(254.03 KiB) Downloaded 1970 times
PistachioMarash-IcecreamNutsFruits.jpg
(224.28 KiB) Downloaded 1970 times
sury

Unread post by sury »

I almost drowned in my own saliva being partial to all things sweet. :D

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

It looks delicious Yildiz, and beautifully photographed too :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks Sury and Andy. :)

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Hi Yildiz, :D the dish looks like a Waldorf Fruit Salad and ice cream Turkish style, it does look inviting and the ice cream sounds exotic and fascinating, very nice presentation. What are the round darkish objects that look like a biscuit (cookies)?
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:Hi Yildiz, :D the dish looks like a Waldorf Fruit Salad and ice cream Turkish style, it does look inviting and the ice cream sounds exotic and fascinating, very nice presentation. What are the round darkish objects that look like a biscuit (cookies)?
Greg
Hi Greg,

:) Thanks, you're right it looks and tastes like a bowl of fruit salad. The round dark 'objects' are chocolate in dime-like shapes, bitter chocolate and one or two milky ones. I hadn't thought of cookies or biscuits, I don't know why, maybe because I like nuts better.

Yildiz