Food & Drinks 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Food & Drinks 2013

Unread post by aster »

Hello everyone; :)

This thread is for you to exhibit all kinds of food and drinks you wish to shoot. From a simple authentic home-made sandwich to an elaborate dish pertaining to a certain country or culture are all welcome.

No restrictions. Just photograph them, add an explanation of what the name of the food is and maybe name a couple of the ingredients in case they are not known in other parts of the world.

Good luck and let's see the delicious food and drinks from your vicinity, travels and home. : )
(Fruits included)

Thanks,

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Food & Drinks 2013

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Grilled halloum cheese with french fries and beer.
a99 + 28-75/2.8 SAM
DSC01084 by Dr. Harout, on Flickr
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
sury

Unread post by sury »

All I remember is that the sauce is Mole Poblano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28sauce%29)
in a Mexican restaurant at the water's edge in a town called Tiburon (Shark in Spanish?) on San Francisco Bay.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Delightful entries already! :D

Never did cheese look so inviting to my eyes before...Nice shot, Dr. Harout. Beer+ grilled cheese +french fries must ave made a very neat combination. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Sury, that looks 'hot' as in lots of chili. :) Looking delicious as well. I read about the sauce that includes chocolate and lots of chili pepper along other 20 something ingredients; sounds like a 'bomb of a sauce', if you don't mind me saying so. :D

Thanks for sharing. Good start!

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

This is the cupcake "cake" at my daughter Kinnera's graduation party. I hope this is keeping
in with the spirit of the theme. It is supposed to spell CONGRATULATIONS KINNERA.

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

When I first looked I thought it was fish fillets Doc, I never suspected it was cheese. :shock:

I think I’d need one of these if I went out to tea with Sury. :lol:
I got the congratulations part on the cupcakes but then I got lost…
Greg
FireBucket.jpg
FireBucket.jpg (7.45 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
sury

Unread post by sury »

Kinnera is the rest of the word Greg. That is my daughter's name.

Sury
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

What a delicious thread! I love halloumi cheese, and with beer and fries, perfect :) . Fabulous cupcake arrangement Sury, also very yummy looking.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Lovely, Sury. :D

Of course it's in the theme of the thread; every type of food is. There are absolutely no restrictions. In some dishes edible flowers are used around the world. Even that counts.

Congratulations to Kinnera! :D A very cheerful cake choice for a lovely young lady indeed. I especially loved the blue-purple icing colour which represents the colour of the graduation day, I assume.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yildiz,
Very perceptive about the colors. It turns out the blue-gold are the colors of her high school
and also the colors of the University she will be joining in September. The party happened to
be around her 18th birthday as well. This was the birthday cake, designed by her as well the idea
of cupcake "cake" was her own idea as well.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Beautiful cake, Sury. :)

A nice coincidence about the colours of the high school and the university. Sweet 18 ... a good feeling. : )
Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

sury wrote:Kinnera is the rest of the word Greg. That is my daughter's name.

Sury
Yes, but I was trying to be smart and solve it first without looking at the answer. 18 hmmm, watch out Sury she’ll be wanting a car next… :mrgreen:

I have great respect for some people’s ability to eat hot food, (I can’t), there is a Thai restaurant here and I know you have to be careful what you order there, some dishes are ok and some have hot things in the sauce…and we are talking HOT… :shock:
Looking around the web for the world hottest chili I see it’s held at the moment by an Australian grown one, http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/ ... -world.htm until someone comes up with a hotter one I guess. (apparently you need a biohazard suit to use this one in the kitchen)
Greg
sury

Unread post by sury »

Greg, too late. She already has access to one. :lol:

Sury
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:Greg, too late. She already has access to one. :lol:

Sury
Hi Sury,

Kinnera is lucky girl and I'm sure she is aware that she has a good father who thinks the world of her at such an early stage in her life . :)

When I hear of men such as yourself being good and treating equally to their daughters it warms my heart and I'm filled with hope for all the 'daughters' that receive unequal treatment especially if they had brothers around.
My father never let me use the family car even though I had a driving license while he let my brother drive and exploit it until it was trashed. Gendre discrimination between children leaves a very bitter feeling that doesn't go away and one loses all respect for one's father or parents.

Glad that you treasure your daughter as much as you do your son. We need more men and women on Earth that think and act like you do. Only then we'll have healthy generations aspiring to be even better human beings.

Hope we get to see photos of Kinnera's graduation from the university and the party cakes as well when the time comes. :D

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

aster wrote:
sury wrote:Greg, too late. She already has access to one. :lol:

Sury
Hi Sury,

Kinnera is lucky girl and I'm sure she is aware that she has a good father who thinks the world of her at such an early stage in her life . :)

When I hear of men such as yourself being good and treating equally to their daughters it warms my heart and I'm filled with hope for all the 'daughters' that receive unequal treatment especially if they had brothers around.
My father never let me use the family car even though I had a driving license while he let my brother drive and exploit it until it was trashed. Gendre discrimination between children leaves a very bitter feeling that doesn't go away and one loses all respect for one's father or parents.

Glad that you treasure your daughter as much as you do your son. We need more men and women on Earth that think and act like you do. Only then we'll have healthy generations aspiring to be even better human beings.

Hope we get to see photos of Kinnera's graduation from the university and the party cakes as well when the time comes. :D

Yildiz
Woops! Looks like I accidently struck a noive while I was horsing around, sorry Yildypooh blame me, I’ve got broad shoulders. :(

Nothing exotic for tea here tonight, some tender steak veggies and sauce was on the menu, and very nice it was too.
Greg

A100 KM24-105
DSC04178.jpg