first go at high speed sync flash

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

first go at high speed sync flash

Unread post by gio67 »

this is broad daylight with a very cluttered background, the HSS flash is 1/1250th sec, it lights the subject but is to fast to register the background, this is my grandaughter acting as a model, I should have used a reflector but I'm still learning

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: first go at high speed sync flash

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

The young have amazing complexions and the shot turned out really good because of that and she seems to have a ‘live’ quality well portrayed in the shot, nicely exposed gio67, I think the hair could have done with a dull backlight flash maybe just to separate the ‘model’ from the dark background better perhaps.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

gio67 wrote:this is broad daylight with a very cluttered background, .......
Hi Gio67,

Mysteriously dark but as Greg already said the model has nice complexion and skin colour to let the flash light bounce delightfully, to reaveal her beautiful face.

For a broad daylight shot, it really gives the impression of a late night, outdoor shot. As you already mentioned, trial and error is the way to go... : )

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That's a nice portrait shot - great catch lights in the eyes :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.