Landscape 2014

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Kalainen
Grand Caliph

Re: Landscape 2014

Unread post by Kalainen »

Dr. Harout wrote:Baatara pothole (man included for sense of scale)
Baatara Pothole by Dr. Harout, on Flickr
Great looking shot, has a lot of dimension in it.

-Toni

--
Toni Ahvenainen (1976)
Year of the Alpha - 365 Days of Sony Alpha Photography: http://www.yearofthealpha.com
Flickr-account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/109262328@N06/
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Love the wintery tones over the city Richard :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

I am with Andy, Richard.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Well, the light didn't quite develop as I'd hoped this morning, but I did get to go out and explore a new locations. With all of the rain we've had over the last three months the footpaths are a nightmare and so I was looking for routes across the fields when ever I could, but even then it was very soggy underfoot. I've always liked the rolling landscape and the trees in this area, and I was trying to find a new view over Worcestershire.

2014 Crews Hill - Breaking Through by Birm, on Flickr

A99 with SAL 70-400 mk 1.
bfitzgerald

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Lovely lighting, someone's going to have to tie Birma's hands behind his back so he can't take photos :mrgreen:

I was out today taking photos of Russian's (honestly!)
But I had a play with this
DSC03186.jpg
(161.61 KiB) Downloaded 1865 times
More info on the location

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallarus_Oratory
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Dr. Harout wrote:Baatara pothole (man included for sense of scale)
Great shot, Doc. The inclusion of the man in the picture makes an enormous difference, IMO. Without him, it could easily be just a minor depression.

- Tom -
Last edited by UrsaMajor on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhtubbs
Initiate

Unread post by Rhtubbs »

Birma wrote:Well, the light didn't quite develop as I'd hoped this morning, but I did get to go out and explore a new locations. With all of the rain we've had over the last three months the footpaths are a nightmare and so I was looking for routes across the fields when ever I could, but even then it was very soggy underfoot. I've always liked the rolling landscape and the trees in this area, and I was trying to find a new view over Worcestershire.

2014 Crews Hill - Breaking Through by Birm, on Flickr

A99 with SAL 70-400 mk 1.
Very nice, Birma!

Thanks,
Ron
Ron

a200, a550, A7r, Sony, Sigma, Tamron, Minolta lenses
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thank you Ron and Barry :) .

I like the B&W and composition of the oratory picture Barry. The stone in the foreground seems to emphasise the material that the building is made of. It is nearly 20 year since I visited it. Definitely worth a visit. :) So what is this about Russians?

Here is another shot from Saturday morning. Wider and from a slightly different position.

2014 Crews Hill - Sun-rise View by Birm, on Flickr

A99 and SAL 28-75
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I agree with Barry on tying Birma's hands...
Superb shots Birma and Barry.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Doc :)
bfitzgerald

Well I had to go out there to take a group shot of some Russian tour operators for Tourism Ireland, not the most pleasant day (weather is horrible here)
So I thought I'd take a few just of the Oratory, but not really a day for colour shooting quite overcast most of the time.

The girl on the left (Anastasia) has a Nikon D5200, Vladimir (second to last on the right) was most insistent that he wanted to see sheep in the photo!
Quite a nice bunch, not the most patient though. Of the 13 people there 10 had a surname ending with an A, 3 of the girls had a first name of Elena. Their english was very good though for the most part, which is useful as my Russian is pretty bad ;-)
DSC03183.jpg
(194.84 KiB) Downloaded 1834 times
Stuff like this isn't that exciting to do, but it does get you out in places that might be of interest. It's a place I'd go back to (not really much there bar this Oratory) it's about 10 mins drive outside Dingle town itself. You'd want better light for colour landscape work though.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Well at least the picture gives an authentic view of the weather in the British Isles at the moment. They look well organised in that picture Barry :)
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Andy, that is another superb shot.

Barry, that looks like an interesting place. And it looks like it's been around a few years. :) My sister-in-law is a Russian. She said that there were relatively few names that Russians used for their girls and that if you shouted out any one of those names in a crowd, you'd get several replies. However, when I was over there, I was too much a coward to try it. :D
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Hefay :)
bfitzgerald

the_hefay wrote:Andy, that is another superb shot.

Barry, that looks like an interesting place. And it looks like it's been around a few years. :) My sister-in-law is a Russian. She said that there were relatively few names that Russians used for their girls and that if you shouted out any one of those names in a crowd, you'd get several replies. However, when I was over there, I was too much a coward to try it. :D

I did try a few Vladimir Putin jokes but they didn't seem overly impressed with that. One of them kept laughing constantly and was talking away almost crying with laughter. Of course I've no idea what she was saying no doubt I don't want to know!

Weather is basically typical of over here this time of year, even in summer it's often poor. If you see any shots of Ireland with pacific blue skies and beaming sunshine it's far removed from the norm. Not a bad summer last year.

It's supposed to be quite an old structure but some say it's 12th century not earlier, hard to tell really looks to me as if it's has some reconstruction work done on it (condition is a bit too good for that age of building) There are a few of these "beehive" structures in Dingle, though they try to charge you to get in summertime.
Ireland is geared to tourism and esp the American tourist where they try to extract every dollar in your pocket (you frequently see the USA flag around and lots hotels fly it)