Halloween "Trick or Treat" - Family Style

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Halloween "Trick or Treat" - Family Style

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

I know that Halloween (All Hallows Eve) is observed in many countries, in a variety of forms, and I think that "Trick or Treat" is also not unusual. However, for people living in countries where it does not take place, I'll mention that here it consists of children going door-to-door on the evening of 31 October, usually in costume, asking for a "treat" (candy).

My son and his wife did that on Friday with their two boys, but decided to make it a family affair, with costumes based upon the children's stories of Beatrix Potter. Here are some images of that occasion, taken in front of my home. The two year-old is "Benjamin Bunny", the five year-old is "Peter Rabbit", and their father is "Tommy Brock, the Badger". (Their mother is not a specific character - just mother rabbit.)

In the second image, the two year-old considers his candy to be of greater importance than the camera, for some strange reason. :D

- Tom -

Halloween 2014 -1.jpg
(231.93 KiB) Downloaded 926 times
Halloween 2014 -5.jpg
(334.6 KiB) Downloaded 926 times
Halloween - 6.jpg
(104.76 KiB) Downloaded 926 times
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: Halloween "Trick or Treat" - Family Style

Unread post by Cogito »

Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Until maybe 20 years ago, here in England Halloween was not "celebrated" that much but now the advertising conglomorates have taken over and we're all subjected to being forced to buy candy to satisfy the hoards who come to the door. As an additional request, could you please stop typing with "color=#FF8000"? It's quite difficult to read.......
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
Kalainen
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Kalainen »

Great pictures and beautiful family!

-Toni

--
Toni Ahvenainen (1976)
Year of the Alpha - 52 Weeks of Sony Alpha Photography: http://www.yearofthealpha.com
Flickr-account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/109262328@N06/
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

I especially like Benjamin Bunnie :)

It was all witches, ghosts and vampires around here. We almost ran out of sweets and had to resort to healthy snack bars and raisins ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.