I am so sorry!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bossel
Viceroy

I am so sorry!

Unread post by bossel »

First I bored you to death with my "wedding as a guest" thread and now I have to interrupt the V4 and A900 discussions just to post some silly pics of the beforementioned wedding 8) Enjoy!

A700, 1 & 3,4 withSony 18-250 and some cropping, 2 with KM28-75, cRaw and ACR 4.5

and finally this one:

Last edited by bossel on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: I am so sorry!

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I like 1 & 4
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Congratulations!

Both for the nice photos and to the newly weds Thomas. :) You've managed to catch the groom with shut eyes more than once ... a situation very authenticly prone to such candid wedding shots. But they look over-joyed, so everything must have gone sweetly as it should we gather.. :D

Thanks for sharing and surviving the A900 ambush on the forums...( I guess we can say that everyone was as excited, anxious and troubled as a couple at their wedding at the introduction of the A900...and maybe still are... You've got to forgive us for that :D )

Yildiz
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Thanks Aster and Dr Harout!

Btw the first pic is witout flash and it's not lazy-eye!!

With hindsight, I should increase the contrast on the 3rd one. It was should under difficult lightening conditions (me outside in the sun, they inside in the dark). I had postprocessed the full pic concerning exposure etc, but the crop should be pp'd differently (Again something learned).
[SiC]
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by [SiC] »

Nice wedding pics! :D
Looks like a fun time too...

/Z!
Sony A700, A580, Nex-5t, KM D7D & VC-7D, M Dynax 500si
KM 17-35 F2.8-4 D, M 50 F1.7 RS, M 135 F2.8, M 28-100 F3.5-5.6 D, M 100-200 F4.5, T 70-300 F4-5.6 Di USD, S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 SAM, S 18-70 F3.5-5.6
Sony hvl-f42s, Minolta 3600 HS D
Sony Z1C & Z2
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Yep, they look suitably married...lovely bride.
I see you avoided using/reduced flash as much as possible, (being nice to the pro I'm guessing), bit of a shame the lighting was so patchy in places tho, but then you have to use what's there...no choice without much flash/or not the dominant light source.
btw what is that bright square in between them in photo 1 a reflection? it doesn't look like a window so it's got me a bit flummoxed.
I would have liked that one with the reflection (her's on the right) too have been full length, it's my fav but I reckon the full deal would have been even better. Sorry I don't mean too criticize, I know how difficult weddings are, first hand....they are insane. :roll:
Greg
ps This is "Give it Your Best Shot's" first wedding...I think :wink:
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Greg Beetham wrote:Yep, they look suitably married...lovely bride.
I see you avoided using/reduced flash as much as possible, (being nice to the pro I'm guessing), bit of a shame the lighting was so patchy in places tho, but then you have to use what's there...no choice without much flash/or not the dominant light source.
btw what is that bright square in between them in photo 1 a reflection? it doesn't look like a window so it's got me a bit flummoxed.
I would have liked that one with the reflection (her's on the right) too have been full length, it's my fav but I reckon the full deal would have been even better. Sorry I don't mean too criticize, I know how difficult weddings are, first hand....they are insane. :roll:
Greg
ps This is "Give it Your Best Shot's" first wedding...I think :wink:
Looks like that bright metal bar fixed to the glass doors. It is present in 4 and 5 as well, but in the first one it is reflecting particularly brightly. I don't think it is a concern though. Great shots Bossel! I like the first two myself. The unique lighting on the wedding cake is very exciting!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I see you have added the last shot which is great :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Jonathan K
Oligarch

Unread post by Jonathan K »

Hi Thomas,

Very nice shots, very tasteful bride by the way... Congratulations.
I, for my part, like the last one best (nr 5)... but then you may have noticed that I really like low key pics.
Nr 3 has everything a wedding picture would need. Great conversion, good taste... Too bad he has his eyes shut.

Thanks for posting.

Jonathan
Please feel free to visit my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonathankaell
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Thanks to everybody for the encouraging comments. Consider all shots as candids, so no way to check for lightening or open eyes...And yes, it took me an awful time to postprocess all pics in ACR and PSE, but it was worth it! I made a DVD for the couple and they were very happy!