Landscape 2015

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Landscape 2015

Unread post by sury »

Very eerie looking lake there Henry. Almost out of one of those Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings type
of movies. :D

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Thanks, Andy and Sury. I recall that we were driving from Memphis, Tennessee to Austin, Texas in December 1999 and the route we were taking took us about 100 miles from Caddo Lake. I noticed it on the map and had always wanted to visit so we took a big detour to go to it. I think I shot about a roll of slide film there. Last year I scanned some of them. This week I took the raw scans and processed 4 of the Caddo Lake photos and imported them into Lightroom. Here are 3 more. I see that I should work on the color balance a bit on the 4 photos to make them all the same. :lol:

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

They all have wonderful textures, and an almost monochrome feel - great stuff, Henry :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Continuing my journey into black and white landscape pictures. More rainy day pictures from my recent trip to the Isle of Skye. These were taken on a very windy day, alongside the rain. I was really worried about getting crisp pictures as keeping the tripod steady was a challenge. I weighted it down with my camera bag (hooray for heavy lenses!) and shielded it as best I could with my body. I think these came out okay. I recommend a good air blower to keep the lens clear of rain, rather than wiping with a microfibre cloth.

Image2015 Skye Feb - Rain Over Moonen Bay by Birm, on Flickr

Image2015 Skye Feb - Rain Over The Minch by Birm, on Flickr

Both with A99 and SAL 28-75.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi, :)

Landscape 2015 is already a very entertaining and engaging thread with the few that are submitted. Good work guys, there's good outcomes of diligent hours here. : )

Bakubo, as always you found some of the most intriguing locations that provide home to some interestingly shaped trees and waterscape to enhance the eerie looks.
Birma, Isle of Skye is an endless source for enchanting photos. The rain that's very much visible in the distance is like wind-blown threads linking the heavy, dark clouds to the seascape. Black&White conversion definitely helps make the scene appear as a field of textures in collaboration along with displaying a magnificient landscape.

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hey Yildiz - great to hear from you! :)

Thank you for your kind words. I hope all is well with you, and also that we'll see some more pictures of Spring around the Bosphorus soon :)
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hello Andy! :D

Nothing about Isle of Skye with you behind the camera is ever merely prone to get kind praises; lots of challenging weather shifting to provide for many different shots. It was one of the times I realized that you became a very good photographer....

Sadly, the Bosphorus only has a dull grey, sort of hazy atmosphere that doesn't bear any promises of Spring at the moment. Expecting rain in a couple of hours but I don't think it will bring around a neat sky later tomorrow either. :)
Hopefully I'll shoot some photos and will share them with you guys. :D Missed the forum productivity for sure.

Hope to see you all and be back soon. : )

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Andy,
The first one is fabulous.
Yildiz, so good to hear from you. Look forward to your photos and insight as well.

Sury
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

Now that's the Skye I remember.
Excellent stuff Andy.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:Andy,
The first one is fabulous.

Yildiz, so good to hear from you. Look forward to your photos and insight as well.

Sury

And so good to see you livening and lighting up the forum with your humour and photos, Sury. :D

Thank you, I'll try to join in hopefully. :) The weather and the birds appear to be on your side though....

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yildiz,
You are so kind...Thank you.

Here are a couple from my Grand Canyon trip a year ago, "reprocessed".
I was going for more subtle changes and tried to create as close
possible as to how I remembered the sunrise. I was attempting to
capture the sun's rays hitting parts of the landscape as it was rising
on horizon and the warmth of golden hour.

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:Continuing my journey into black and white landscape pictures. More rainy day pictures from my recent trip to the Isle of Skye.
Those are both wonderful! Someday maybe I will visit there.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

aster wrote: Bakubo, as always you found some of the most intriguing locations that provide home to some interestingly shaped trees and waterscape to enhance the eerie looks.
Yildiz! Great to see you here again! I hope you can find some time to hang around here again.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

sury wrote: Here are a couple from my Grand Canyon trip a year ago, "reprocessed".
I was going for more subtle changes and tried to create as close
possible as to how I remembered the sunrise. I was attempting to
capture the sun's rays hitting parts of the landscape as it was rising
on horizon and the warmth of golden hour.
I especially like that second one! Reminds me so much of a sunset at the Grand Canyon my first time there in 1999.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thank you Sury, Mike and Henry :)

Mike - they are still be battered by the wind and rain up there at the moment I hear from the family. How are things over on your side?

Henry - bring your rain coat and stout foot wear, ... and of course your camera :)