London Town

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

London Town

Unread post by bakubo »

My wife and I were in England in 2001 and this morning were talking about how we should go back there again. Here are 3 of the photos I took in London. Scanned film.

Young woman selling ice cream

Man protesting against Turkey

London Eye with airliner flying behind

I recall that I saw the airliner approaching and it looked like it might pass behind the London Eye and with Big Ben behind also, but I was not in a good position since there were things blocking my view. I went running trying to find a clear view before the airliner passed behind. Made it. :)
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Re: London Town

Unread post by Cogito »

15 years ago eh? Probably worth another visit. Did you go up in the EYE? My guess is no since ANY shot from "up there" is quitr spectacular. Oh lord, I'm going to have to look through my negatives to find my images from the Eye...
Hope you enjoyed your visit and find time for another. P.S. It hasn't got any cheaper.....
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Cogito wrote:15 years ago eh? Probably worth another visit. Did you go up in the EYE? My guess is no since ANY shot from "up there" is quitr spectacular. Oh lord, I'm going to have to look through my negatives to find my images from the Eye...
Hope you enjoyed your visit and find time for another. P.S. It hasn't got any cheaper.....
Yes, at the end of 4 months of backpacking with my wife from Greece to England we found London to be particularly expensive. :) Before the euro on the continent and the U.S. dollar was strong so other places were not too bad.

No, didn't go up in the Eye. Would like to get back to your part of the world one of these days and get up to Scotland too next time. Just so many places to go... :)

I think I like this B&W version better.

gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

I was probably looking right at you from here

gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

London is the most expensive real estate in the world Baku, somebodies got to pay for it,
yet still I love it, and it is the most exciting , volatile and vibrant city on the planet too, imho
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

gio67 wrote:I was probably looking right at you from here
Cool! Yes, you probably were! :lol:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

gio67 wrote:London is the most expensive real estate in the world Baku, somebodies got to pay for it,
yet still I love it, and it is the most exciting , volatile and vibrant city on the planet too, imho
I enjoyed our time in London. Expensive for visitors, but might go back there again someday. Usually have to spend a bit of time there anyway since so many flights into the country go there. :)

Tokyo is great too.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

While out walking in London in 2001 I came across the old Royal Waterloo Hospital. I don't remember where it was though.

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I did a bit of searching about this hospital and found this.

NHS Zombie Ward at London’s Royal Waterloo Hospital

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... pital.html

Interesting!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Guard at Buckingham Palace in 2001.

gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

nice stuff, of them all this is my favourite statue in London, Queen Boudica also known as Boadicea led an uprising against the Romans in 60AD, it is at Westminster bridge just outside the houses or parliament, I love this statue
Attachments
boud.jpg
(327.07 KiB) Downloaded 3604 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great shots of London Town :)

The Boudicea statue is a cracker!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Birma wrote:Great shots of London Town :)

The Boudicea statue is a cracker!

thanks Birma, I think the dynamics in this statue by Thomas Thornycroft are incredible , i would love to get an elevated view of it from about 20 feet away and maybe 10 feet above front on then see almost the whole thing at once, but somehow I don't think they would allow a drone in that area

Last edited by gio67 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Good point. I expect there would be an instant reaction if you got your drone out there ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Birma wrote:Good point. I expect there would be an instant reaction if you got your drone out there ;)
:lol: :lol: