Vancouver. BC. (observations)

Do you have a pBase or Flickr gallery? Stage your show here with links.
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Vancouver. BC. (observations)

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice shots, WestCoast.
I would've cropped the wood duck a lot, imho.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice high-rise skyline WestCoast,

:) The colours are vibrant and details sharp and clear. I think the mountains in the backdrop can make it more captivating if you ever plan to expose more of them.

Thanks for sharing Vancouver,

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

That is Siwash Rock. I have gone by there many times while walking or bicycling on the sea wall. I spent 2.5 years in Vancouver from 2000 to 2006. Actually, I have a few photos from Vancouver and BC in my photo gallery:

http://www.bakubo.com

I still have a downtown condo there and may go back this summer.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

WestCoast wrote:Good stuff, they finally finished that 1.1 million S.F. waterfront convention centre.
Eventually they will be shifting the float plane terminal onto it, and adding another smaller marina in front as well (after the winter Olympics).
It was under construction still when I was last there June-August 2006). If I can get up this summer then I am looking forward to seeing how that area looks now.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Wow! Wonderful! All of them!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Cool! False Creek from the Burrard Bridge. I have walked across the bridge many times.

Here are 3 from 2003 taken with the Minolta D7i so they have the 4:3 aspect ratio. Do you notice any differences in the last 6 years?

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

WestCoast wrote:The skyline has changed somewhat with about a dozen new skyscrapers. Shooting these False Creek images makes for some very “busy” photography that is heavy on distortion, with all the windows and other horizontal lines.
False Creek and Coal Harbour are both very photogenic places. I wish I was in Vancouver right now. I haven't been there since 2006. I just made a panorama from some photos I took back in 2001. Maybe I will post it in a separate thread.
WestCoast wrote: Also, if you remember further up the creek is our new Olympic Village housing project that is being built at this time.
This turned out to be a total financial fiasco with the City taking over from the Developer.
It has a huge “affordable housing” component to it as a City initiative to house the homeless, currently these units are costing north of $400K each, I though you may be interested since you’re a fellow taxpayer.
Stupid, incompetent, arrogant politicians are everywhere. If you want to see a monumental screw up and waste of taxpayer money you should check out the Superfiasco of the Superferry here in Hawaii. Spent tons of money on ships, port facilities, etc. over the years and then it finally started service between islands and 2 months later it was halted because the government didn't do the required environmental studies. In limbo for many months and then finally the whole thing was scrapped a few months ago.