Newbie member and some FlickR pics

Do you have a pBase or Flickr gallery? Stage your show here with links.
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
dscobie
Acolyte

Newbie member and some FlickR pics

Unread post by dscobie »

Hi there,

I am a recent owner of an A350 though have owned a number of DSLR's in the past though this is my first Sony/Minolta. Below is a link to some pictures taken on a recent trip to Scotland, these were all taken with the A350 and CZ16-80. All of the other pictures in the other sets were taken non Alpha cameras. Hope some these will be of interest. I would welcome any constructive feedback.

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26741348@N ... 166287373/
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Newbie member and some FlickR pics

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Carefully and meticulously arranged pictures. Beautiful sceneries.
The only "negative" aspect was the small size of the shots. Or was there a way to enlarge pictures which I couldn't find? :oops:
BTW, how old is your dad?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
dscobie
Acolyte

Unread post by dscobie »

Thanks for the comments
One way to see a bigger picture (as I'm new to Flickr as well there may be other/easier ways) is to click on the 'slideshow' top right hand corner.
By the way my Dad is 70 years old and as fit as a fiddle.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Quite an adventure even though it seems to have been more for distance walkers than anyone wanting to explore the route and shoot pictures. Also, pretty brave given the extremes of weather you can get, and the difficulty of getting out of bad conditions. Paradox - the worse the weather (for walkers) the better the images. The Highlands always work best with rain and clear sun alternating, and are least photogenic on an ordinary day, but you hardly want to be walking in the middle of storms and rainbows!

David
dscobie
Acolyte

Unread post by dscobie »

Hi David,

First and foremost this was a walking event where keeping the weight as low as poss was of huge benefit, indeed the intention was to take my (decent) P&S. However at the last minute I figured that the quality of the picture was also important so went with the SLR. We were very fortunate to have enjoyed quite stunning weather during most days and while you're right the dramatic changes that Scotland is prone to would have made for great photography it would certainly have tempered the enjoyement of the walking.
Next year we have every intention of going back but this time not as part of the event but doing our own thing and for sure this will be more photography based, since this trip my lens collection has been extended with the new 70-300 G and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a reasonably priced FF body to go with it (even if it rules out the use of the 16-80).

Thanks for the interest

Doug