You have found a neat place to check out every so often, Henry .
- Emperor of a Minor Galaxy
- Posts: 2199
- Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:04 pm
- Location: Ironton, Missouri, USA
I stopped by the same shop today and among the various items I saw these all seemed to be in excellent condition and, I think, great prices (converted to U.S. dollars). I haven't done any research to know for sure if the prices are good though.bakubo wrote:I stopped in the same shop this morning and checked out what sort of used camera gear they had now. The things that caught my eye in particular were:bakubo wrote:They also had a Yashica ML 55mm f2.8 macro (manual focus) with original front/rear caps and a Kenko 52mm skylight filter for $5. I looked it over and it looked to be in really good shape so I bought it.
I also bought an old (probably mid-1990s based on the styling) A-mount Tamron AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 with original front/rear caps/hood and a Kenko 58mm skylight filter for $3. It also looks to be in good shape.
This shop isn't a camera store, but they have lots of used musical instruments (many, many electric and acoustic guitars), amps, drums, keyboards, old computer stuff, etc. They have a case with just a small amount of camera gear since it isn't really their focus. I think that is why the prices are so low. They don't realize that an old, but good, manual focus macro lens has new life with mirrorless and adapters.
- $8 Minolta 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 APO (always thought I would buy one of these, but now no real need for one -- great price!)
- $16 Minolta 75-300mm f4-5.6 big beercan
- $24 Nikon 50mm f1.4 (manual focus version probably from the 1980s because it had the knobby focus ring and no silver aperture tab)
- $16 Minolta SRT-101 + Minolta MC 135mm f2.8 (I think it was the MC version because the styling and the knobby focus ring looked like my Minolta MC Rokkor-X PG 50mm f1.4)
I don't have my A700 or A100 here with me in Japan and I don't need any lenses, but the $8 Minolta 100-300mm f4.5-5.6 APO was hard to pass up. Didn't buy it though. Probably if asked they would sell the Minolta MC 135mm f2.8 separately for less from the Minolta SRT-101 body.
Pentax Spotmatic -- $18
Pentax K200D -- $27
Sony A300 -- $45
Minolta 28-105mm i -- $13
Canon 28-105mm -- $27
Minolta 3500xi -- $9
Canon 17-85mm -- $45
Canon 75-300mm -- $36
Canon 100-300mm -- $27
Minolta 75-300mm i -- $27
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest