Hello

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Django7

Hello

Unread post by Django7 »

Hello from Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire.
Started taking photos with Leica 3g, M3, then moved on to Minolta X300, 600si (lovely bit of kit for me). First Digital was KM7d. Not the best camera as far as I was concerned. Good pictures at times - no pictures at all at others, very disappointing considering the price!

Now using A700. Very much improved. Fairly complex but a joy to use.

Taking pictures is just a pleasant pastime not the be all and end all of leisure activities but very rewarding.

A cauntionary note for others, - a local newspaper asked permission to use a photo of mine stating they would acknowledge. Published in due course but not acknowledged! At the end of the day any photo is the property of the originator. Rant over.

I am wondering whether new Tamron 70-300 would be a sensible replacement for my 100-300 APO, or should I stick with what I've got?
Decisions, Decisions.

Cheers
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hello

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Django7,
A bit surprised hearing that A700 is a bit complex. What if you try the Nikon D300 or other cameras...? You would get lost without a manual (that's was my first impression anyway).
Nice to have you with us. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I don't think I would swap the 100-300mm Apo for the 70-300mm Tamron, but having both of them to hand, I have been using the Tamron instead. It is considerably brighter/faster, focuses faster, and focuses closer and in the middle range (100-180mm or so) I think it's actually better than the 100-300mm. At 300mm, especially close up, it is not so clean but the image is still very usable.

David