Hi from Manila

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
koolbeep
Acolyte

Hi from Manila

Unread post by koolbeep »

hmm.. any "kababayan" here? :D

I visited this site everyday since I got in to photography last year but I only register today because I am not aware that there is a forum here :mrgreen: ... my bad because I love to read the articles here and excited to visit the site everyday just to know whats new in the alpha world. the articles are awesome and i really learn from it.

By the way, I am a Sony Alpha 100 user for a year now and got some old classic minolta gems. (Minolta 24-105 F3.5/4.5, Minolta 50 1.7, Minolta 70-210 F4, Minolta 70-300 4.5/5.6) The only sony lens i have now is the kit :D... now if you ask me if I'm satisfied well check my flicker here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreybuot/ ... I'm addicted to Minolta Colors that really rocks! :wink:

Well moving forward I am glad I just join this club and I know I will learn a lot from here. Good day!
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hi from Manila

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hello from a very far place, a different "bayan".
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Fantastic set of pictures - over 1700 shots, I like the sunsets, night scenes and beach scenes best of them. You should try to pick out your best beach-sunset-people shot and send us a file, you could get a magazine sent for a year if we pick it to use in the summer issue gallery. There's one shot with a silhouetted kid doing a sort of jump or cartwheel which I thought had potential.

David
koolbeep
Acolyte

Unread post by koolbeep »

David Kilpatrick wrote:Fantastic set of pictures - over 1700 shots, I like the sunsets, night scenes and beach scenes best of them. You should try to pick out your best beach-sunset-people shot and send us a file, you could get a magazine sent for a year if we pick it to use in the summer issue gallery. There's one shot with a silhouetted kid doing a sort of jump or cartwheel which I thought had potential.

David
wow! i am very flattered! :oops: ... coming from a pro what a compliment... thank you for appreciating my photos :mrgreen: sent you pm... :roll:

@Dr. Harout .... thank you :D
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

Hi, not a "kababayan", but how would you say, " balikbayan". I'm British, been married to a Filipna for 32 years. Loved your photo's of Vigan having visited there with my extended family. Brought back some lovely memories. Must say that your shots were better than mine (shot on film on a Minolta 700 Si).
Keep up the good work.
Mabuhay! :D