Hi from Northern Ireland

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
paulevans
Acolyte

Hi from Northern Ireland

Unread post by paulevans »

Hello all,

I am so pleased to have found this place, a repository of knowledge for us Minolta fans!

I've been using Minoltas since I bought an X-300 in 1989 then an X-500. Both of those were stolen so I went AF with a 500Si then added a 9000. I have now built up quite a little collection - my main camera is a Dynax 5D - I also have S414 and F100 compacts. Main film camera is a Dynax 800Si but I also have the 505Si Super, 500Si Super, Vectis S1, X-700, X-500, X-300s, SRT101 and my prized Autocord from 1957! I also have a collection of MF, AF and a couple of Vectis lenses - my favourite being the fabulous 28-135 AF zoom which is about 20 years old and knocks the socks off anything more modern!

So that's me!
Paul.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Welcome on board! Don't forget we do have the printed quarterly magazine, and subscriptions are possible including a free bag. As you are a Vectis S-1 owner, I would be very happy to substitute a Vectis S-1 custom camera kit holdall. We still have those available, it's a small but useful shoulder case in dark blue fabric with a brown leather-like Vectis label, dividers inside, and takes the S-1 plus 2/3 lenses.

David
paulevans
Acolyte

Unread post by paulevans »

Thanks for that David. I actually have the Vectis bag - I bought it from you :-) I have the camera in it, mine's one of the not so common black bodied ones, with the 22-80 zoom and the 80-240 APO with enough room left over for any of my flashguns. It is a very neat outfit. In fact I've often wondered whether the S1 might have been a better camera on which to base the 5D/Alpha 100 than the Dynax 60.
Paul.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

In theory, they would have been well advised to stick with the Vectis lenses, mount and system for digital - but only on technical grounds. As it has panned out, choosing the regular system has given KM/Sony a huge potential market - and Sony's website makes much of the endless list of compatible Minolta lenses! It would be a few lines long with Vectis lenses alone, had that been the system they went with, and even short on 'existing users to convert'.

David