hello all again!!

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
seanhoxx
Acolyte

hello all again!!

Unread post by seanhoxx »

hey everyone, i haven't been here in a while. I wound up with a corrupted hard drive a few weeks ago from all the wind storms and power outages we had here. and if that wasn't bad enough I had to send my hard drive in for a recovery and backup. well that went fine till I brought it home and had someone elses data and files! they wrote a number out of order, and I was one of many people getting work done!! So when I went back to get MY recovered data well, they had already deleted it out of there service system! So my hard drive has been traveling around the country at there expense for a deep forensic recovery!
But anyway I am back and hope to keep learning something!
A700 - Tamron 17-50 - Tamron 70-300 - Minolta 50mm f1.7 - Tamron 70-200 2.8 - Tokina 80-400
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: hello all again!!

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Sorry to hear about your hard-drive troubles. Welcome back to the forum!
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Now you know why Government data gets lost and found all over the place!

David
seanhoxx
Acolyte

Unread post by seanhoxx »

Thanks guys, the only good thing out of this is I also got a 'free" 320 GB hard drive out of it they pretty much destroyed my 160 GB drive during the recovery and extraction. So I am busy doing lots of reinstalls and reloads!
A700 - Tamron 17-50 - Tamron 70-300 - Minolta 50mm f1.7 - Tamron 70-200 2.8 - Tokina 80-400
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

man I know how you feel. my main work machine failed on my last Friday (fried MB) and I finally got the parts for my new machine today and stayed late to get it built and the OS installed only toi dind one of the DVI connectors isn't sending a green chanel to one of my monitors .. so it looks like ill be trying to sort that Monday too ...