From the Great White North

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
Bibo

From the Great White North

Unread post by Bibo »

Greetings to all

I have been a loyal Minolta shooter (pro and amateur) for more than 30 years! I have had several of their banner SLR's including the XD11, XD7, SRT 101, X-700, Several XK's and XKM. I have been lucky enough to have owned or used nearly all of their fastest glass, and still own a rare lil beauty, the MD-135 F2... sweeet glass. 8) I have also had a couple of CLE's with various lenses.

I was very saddened when Minolta passed to Konica :( , but cheered up slightly when Sony picked up the ball. I have several issues with some of Sony's busines practices, but I hope they will do the Minolta name well. I love that there is still a German glass affiliation that appears to be growing (with Zeiss now instead of Leica).

I currently shoot with an XD11 (w/ 35mm F1.8, 50mm F1.4, 135mm F2) and a Sony R1. I just started my website, so don't get all excited (or critical for that matter) :lol:

I happened across this wonderful site while looking for info on the newest A200/300 news. I love it and was moved to join. I look forward to exchanging with all of you :D
Thought I was right and dreamed of success… Now know I was right and hope to survive.